Trusted Contributor

Only 1 Bare Minerals Show on Beauty Day on Saturday

Wow, the shows with Bare Minerals are getting less and less. Remember when the line was always on and on multiple times during a beauty day? In my timezone, it's on at 3:00am!

It's not the same without Leslie anyway. I wonder if it will go by the wayside like Ojon did. Ojon was introduced on QVC and is now gone for good. I had a lot on auto delivery with Ojon and was so upset when they stopped carrying it.

Super Contributor

Re: Only 1 Bare Minerals Show on Beauty Day on Saturday

I hate to see this happen, and I'm sure it is happening. I miss Smashbox, as well. Tarte and Mally aren't on much anymore, either. I love/loved all their shows, and ALWAYS bought too much! I'm happy we at least have Laura Geller and IT - I'll continue to buy until they're shown the door.
Super Contributor

IMHO, I do believe that once a line becomes established on QVC they do cut back on the amount of shows. They know who will be reordering the products and who the customer base is for any make up , hair, or skin care line. It seems to me they don't try to expand that core customer base. I sometimes feel that they put on the newer lines often to make you think it's better. There are people who buy what they perceive as latest and greatest and wind up with stacks of products that if not returned QVC stills makes a profit on. I was guilty of this in the past as an eye cancer survivor everything I tried made my eye react until I tried BE 10 years ago . I will never use anything else.

Frequent Contributor

Bare Minerals seemed to cover a lot of new products with the November TSV and none of them seemed to hang around. They all seemed to sell out rather quickly, and the TSV was phenomenal in itself. They've debuted a bunch of newer items for their boutiques and Ulta within the past few weeks. I hope they'll present something new during the show Saturday morning, or if they don't at least give us some good deals on some of our favorites.

Respected Contributor

Bare Minerals and Dr. Denese were very good friends with Lisa Robertson. Possibly she encouraged those products appear in her shows.

Super Contributor

There will be a new line of makeup coming on TV. The makeup guru is Bravon Pascua......he worked with Leslie for years and knows how makeup should be worn, basically he is great! I personally can't wait until March 15 ....... He will start out as a infomercial just like Leslie did....it's worth seeing what he has to offer us....
Super Contributor

Well I for one am really disappointed with the Q not showing Bare Minerals enough, and not having new kits as well. I think if they actually tried doing a show with new kits we would be there and buy them. The fact they do not care enough to try this really makes me pretty sad. I think the demand is there, but for some reason the Q is putting them on the back burner, what a huge mistake.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I think the timing of the last TSV was the reason why it didn't sell very well. It came right after the Tarte Holiday Blockbuster kit. QVC is still trying to sell that BM TSV Chandelight! It's on all the time. It was a fabulous kit, but maybe just bad timing for the TSV. I wish BM got more air-time as well. The prices on kits are wonderful!!

Trusted Contributor

Bare Minerals is going to be releasing a new BB/CC gel tinted moisturizer in stores and online tomorrow. It's called Complexion Rescue. I think that it's been discussed previously on these boards and it is getting a lot of press. It was shown as a new product that will be coming to the Q and was shown as a set with a new brush which will be sold separately in the stores. I'm sure that the QVC price will be better if you want/need the brush. I wonder if it will be sold on Saturday. I plan to get color matched before then. There are 10 shades--each shade has a choice of cool, warm or neutral; I think that this is the way to go. I am excited to try it.

Frequent Contributor

it was disappointing to me that the 5-in-1 BB cream shadow trio was given so much air time. I bought and returned that item last June. I only started watching QVC a year ago, so I never saw the shows with Leslie that everyone raves about and I like Jessica a lot. But having that girl Alex with the ombre hair do the demos is distracting. Jessica is such a pretty REAL girl... someone who could go to Starbucks with you and chat about fun makeup stuff! I hope they're not fazing Jessica out and Alex in or something.