Respected Contributor

How Do You Use Mineral Veil?

I have never bought any BareMinerals but I was interested in the Gliz and Glam palette but do not know what I would do with the Mineral Veil. I don't wear foundation is this only for use with foundation? TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: How Do You Use Mineral Veil?

It's just a finishing powder. When I wear tinted moisturizer, I sometimes finish my face with it to take some of the shine off. Normally I follow the BM foundation with the MV.

Respected Contributor

I have a lot of MV that came in various kits. Never really used it until recently. I put it on before foundation. It really helps keep the oily feeling and shine away all day. I only use it this way and not as a finishing powder. No need to touch up at all other than lips, when I do this.
Esteemed Contributor

Mineral Veil is an excellent finishing powder. You can even use it on bare skin to give your complexion an "onscreen" smooth poreless look. As far as finishing and touch up powder goes I give it very high marks. It's the only Bare Minerals product which I have ever bought more than once, and like to have in my makeup case at all times.

Super Contributor

I only use foundation once in awhile, but I use mineral veil every day. It keeps my oily t-zone in control. If I use a translucent shade I usually just put it on my t-zone. If I use a tinted shade, like BE bronzing mv, I "lightly" dust it all over.

I've tried Tarte, Neutrogena, Nars, Mally, etc...but for me, nothing compares to Bare Minerals mineral veil.

Trusted Contributor

I use mineral veil under my foundation. It really helps even out my skin tone (freckles, breakouts, redness). If I am staying home, sometimes just use mineral veil. My favorite is the Balance and Boost. It looks scary orange in the pot, but gives a beautiful finish.
Valued Contributor

I sometimes do a MV ""sandwich""...Mineral Veil before my BE powder and a little more Veil after I get my powder buffed out.

Super Contributor

I use it under foundation, over foundation, and instead of foundation. I'll run the brush over my eyelids after my primer has set if I don't want to use a base color (I find that Ready shadows turn into a muddy monochromatic mess if I use them over a base color, though the loose shadows don't. But UDPP really grabs the shadows and makes them difficult to blend, so you need something between the UDPP and the shadows. The MV left on the brush after the first layer of the MV sandwich).