Respected Contributor

Today I bought the sample size of the Olay Regenerist Microsculpting Cream. It has outranked many more expensive products in effectiveness. Does anyone else use this? What do you think?

Honored Contributor

Re: Olay Microsculpting Cream

[ Edited ]

Tried few times off and on buying into the sales pitch and yes like most cosmetics advertising comes with mega elixir cures. In this case hype for me not only did not live up to the reputation caused distress on my skin. Nor is the company cruelty free years ago never gave that thoughtful consideration-today number one priority.

By the way...No cream will sculpt or lift the skin. Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

How can you determine if something like that works with a small sample size?  Surely you must use it over an extended period of time.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Sorry I asked...

Honored Contributor

Years ago I purchased Olay moisturizer.  I ended up with a rash so I never purchased any of their products again.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I’ve heard good things about this particularly cream so I think you’re in good company. A sample size is a good way to see how your skin reacts before buying a full size which makes sense to me. So many people buy full size only to throw them out. 

There’s probably some reviews on Makeupalley since it’s grumpy time in these here parts. 

Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

Today I bought the sample size of the Olay Regenerist Microsculpting Cream. It has outranked many more expensive products in effectiveness. Does anyone else use this? What do you think?

Hey, if you want to use this cream, go right ahead. Don't let anyone talk you out of it. If you have younger skin with possibly a few texture imperfections you'd like to resolve, it could benefit you a lot.

Olay is primarily a niacinamide line. That is the only active ingredient abundant in their products. Here are the ingredients for the Olay Regenerist Microsculpting Cream:

Water, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Niacinamide, Isopropyl Isostearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Nylon-12, Dimethicone, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Allantoin, Stearyl Alcohol, Polyethylene, Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium Acrylates Copolymer, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Dimethiconol, Sodium Peg-7 Olive Oil Carboxylate, Peucedanum Graveolens (Dill) Extract, Peg-100 Stearate, Stearic Acid, Disodium Edta, Cetearyl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, C12-13 Pareth-3, Laureth-7, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Hydroxide, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide, Mica.

Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4 is Matrixyl. It's a great ingredient, but it should be higher in the list to be effective. The rest of the ingredients are just okay. There's nothing about this cream that would outrank other products in terms of effectiveness. I think it's just popular because it's heavily advertised and has great name reccognition.

So that's what I think.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been using it for years and what I do like about it is that it does make my face feel moisturized and it doesn't make my foundation turn a weird color. Has it kept me looking younger or diminished my lines? I'd say a big fat no. But then again maybe if I hadn't been using it I'd look even older.

It's not cheap. Sometimes I find it at BJ's in a double pack. A regular size and a smaller size. But for those who don't like things in a jar the last time I bought it I found it in a little pump bottle. I actually found that in the beauty section of my grocery store. It has the same 1.7 ounces as the jar I usually get but I could swear I've used it up faster. It is called a serum on the bottle, otherwise the same micro-sculpting name.

Going back a few months I decided to try a different Olay for the face. It's in a jar and called Olay Original Cream. I didn't stick with it because it's a tad perfumy smelling to me and it's a pink color neither of which I want in a facial moisturizer. That's when I found the new little pump bottle of the other one which I'm not going to buy again because as I said I think it's already just about used up. I have to pump harder to get some out so I'm actually taking a run to BJ's later to see if they have the double jar set on the shelf. The pump bottle is of course more a liquid type but called by the same name as the jar.

Another product that turns out to be a nice moisturizer for the face is First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream.

Honored Contributor

I've tried that particular product, wasn't impressed.  Much prefer their Regenerist line.