Super Contributor

Re: OT: who has a Keurig, and do you like it?

We have two large Keurigs. One is in the kitchen, and one is downstairs in the bar, for coffee based drinks. We go through a lot of coffee pods, and are happy that we have so many choices in terms of beverages to use in them. We also have a regular coffee maker, if we have the need for a full pot of coffee, but we all but never use it, and we have a french press...when we feel like using that. The one in the bar is really handy, if someone wants Irish coffee, etc, and no one else does. You can brew a cup of strong coffee, add the alcohol, etc and have it served as quickly as pouring someone else a glass of wine, or a bottle of beer or mixed drink. Perfect when we are entertaining.

Valued Contributor

My husband bought me the Vue two years ago, and I like it but it is hard to find the Vue cups without ordering them on line. I find it to be expensive and wasteful of coffee. The lattes and mochas use powdered milk and are very weak. I bought a little basket you can use with it using your own coffee, but it leaves an oily ring in the coffee cup. I think I might just opt for a Nespresso or something like that to get more genuine tasting coffee. I guess I wouldn't recommend the Vue model. Wish he had bought me a different one, but he didn't know, and neither did I.

Honored Contributor

Oh I forgot all about the Vue... that model sure came and went, I don't even see them around anymore and totally forgot about them.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

On 11/16/2014 mima said:

Love mine, but I wouldn't want the newest one. I'd look for an older model.

I agree and I also don't think I would like the new model if you can't use your own coffee.

Frequent Contributor

I love my Keurig! I would hardly ever make coffee at home without it. I mostly use the my kcup with coffee that I buy from a local farmers' market. But I also use the kcups - I really like the iced tea and the Swiss Miss hot cocoa.
Honored Contributor

We were given one as a gift and did not like it....we are big coffee drinkers and it was way to expensive for us to use.

Honored Contributor

On 11/16/2014 geegerbee said:

I am rewriting this from another thread because this 2.0 is really not a good buy. Look online to see the reviews and how many are returning them..... the reason---the new technology reads THE TOP OF THE LABEL of the cups. Therefore you can't use any K-cups---even the Keurig ones, if they were manufactured before July. Also you can't get a universal k-cup and use your own coffee. The greedy keurig company found a way to eliminate your buying other brands of k-cups. That's why the price on the 2.0 has come way down. Nobody wants them. If you really want one get an earlier version that will accept everybody's K=cups.m BB&B with their 20% off is usually a good place to get them--also Kohl's with their coupons.

there are ways around this , go to youtube

Honored Contributor

There are other small annoyances with the 2.0 that have nothing to do with the K-cups. If you want to use the hot water feature, it only emits a maximum amount of 6 oz. at a time, and you have to physically hold the button down the entire time it's dispensing. Both things are ridiculous and unnecessary. It also will not make a normal-sized mug (12-14 oz) of coffee.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Contributor

Made the mistake of buying the Vue, been trying to sell it but no one wants it.

Honored Contributor

I have the mini that I bought from QVC about 4 years ago. I even bought a back-up at Kohl's about a year and a half ago (good price with 30% off, sale and free shipping) since I never want to be without a Keurig. So simple to make a good cup of coffee.