Super Contributor

Re: OT Breaking: Joan Rivers passed away. :-(

On 9/4/2014 LuckyPeach said:

Very sad, crying now. I have loved Joan and followed her since her Johnny Carson days. My family has Yorkies because of her and I am so grateful for this. Collect her clothes which fit me to a "T." And many of her jewels, too.

To be honest, I've liked her more than many family members and this is a great loss. I'm guessing many feel the same way.

Prayers for Melissa, Cooper, her friends and family. Love to you always, Joan! ~Peach

Just watched a lengthy piece on CNN -- I was sobbing.

Honored Contributor

I can't even imagine what her daughter is going through right now. My mom is my best friend and the most perfect mom anyone could ask for and I cannot imagine my life without her. I pray for Melissa.

Valued Contributor

On 9/4/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 9/4/2014 LuckyPeach said:

Very sad, crying now. I have loved Joan and followed her since her Johnny Carson days. My family has Yorkies because of her and I am so grateful for this. Collect her clothes which fit me to a "T." And many of her jewels, too.

To be honest, I've liked her more than many family members and this is a great loss. I'm guessing many feel the same way.

Prayers for Melissa, Cooper, her friends and family. Love to you always, Joan! ~Peach

Just watched a lengthy piece on CNN -- I was sobbing.

I know it is silly but when they announced this morning that Fashion Police was off for two weeks and would be subbed by Fashion Week shows, I was hoping that this was time for Joan to recover and look her best (she'd never give us less!!). I was so hopeful! I can tell that this is going to take a long time to adjust to. Very sad. ~Peach

Super Contributor

On 9/4/2014 HappyDaze said:

I can't even imagine what her daughter is going through right now. My mom is my best friend and the most perfect mom anyone could ask for and I cannot imagine my life without her. I pray for Melissa.

Years and years and years ago, I read in Reader's Digest that people who had happy, fulfilled marriages fared much better after the death of their spouse than those who'd had contentious and unhappy relationships. I don't know why that stuck with me -- I was really young -- but it did and it made sense.

My mom was my best friend and my dad was my number one pal, but I'm at peace even though I miss them every single day and wish I could be with them. I think it's because my heart holds happy memories and I feel like they haven't gone far away at all. I'm hoping Melissa finds the peace that I have. And I'm so happy for you that you and your mom cherish each other. :-)

Honored Contributor

On 9/4/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 9/4/2014 HappyDaze said:

Years and years and years ago, I read in Reader's Digest that people who had happy, fulfilled marriages fared much better after the death of their spouse than those who'd had contentious and unhappy relationships. I don't know why that stuck with me -- I was really young -- but it did and it made sense.

My mom was my best friend and my dad was my number one pal, but I'm at peace even though I miss them every single day and wish I could be with them. I think it's because my heart holds happy memories and I feel like they haven't gone far away at all. I'm hoping Melissa finds the peace that I have. And I'm so happy for you that you and your mom cherish each other. :-)

That is interesting and would like to know a little more about that (will have to research, lol), as I would like to know what they mean by "fared much better".

You are right though, with so many happy memories, there are so many wonderful things to hold onto so yes, they aren't that far away from us if we have always have them in our hearts and mind. Smiley Happy It makes me smile to hear how close you were with your parents too- we really are lucky and I wish everyone could experience such a wonderful relationship like we have with our parents. Oh and my dad is my number one pal too. Smile

Trusted Contributor

I am so deeply sorry to hear this sad, sad news. God bless Joan and her family.

Respected Contributor

Another heart broken, every time I checked the news I was so worried as the days passed the news would be this, RIP, you were a real lady.
Respected Contributor

I will miss her, she was quite a gal... will think of her every time I wear her necklace that I've always loved.
Super Contributor

So Sad to see her go! I really think that the Q should say something.

Super Contributor

Heartbreaking. I have no words. I will miss her very much.