Honored Contributor

Re: OMI WellBeauty by Naomi Whittel

[ Edited ]

I have to agree, she touted several products for hair loss skin, bladder control, never did she say what was in these magic pills and potients of hers. Ridiculous!  Not to mention the extreme overpricing. 

Honored Contributor

@happilyretiredgirl wrote:

Watching the show now, I have never heard of this product or never watched a presentation before. Courtney is on and she looks bored out of her skin with this presentation.  Not sure if she is not feeling well and looks like she is going to fall asleep. I know she has been on a lot lately so she may be exhausted.

Is this thread about the OMI products or is it about CK? Confusing.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I have to agree, she touted several products for hair loss skin, bladder control, never did she say what was in these magic pills and potients of hers. Ridiculous!  Not to mention the extreme overpricing. 

Out of curiosity I started to watch the show.  Once they introduced the guest and let her talk, I could see it was going to be another entire hour of "fluff" comments and not a word about ingredients or actual results.

I think I made ten minutes before I shut it off.  

Trusted Contributor

@cjm61 I do agree and it is impossible for physcians to know about all supplements.  I have some health issues and take medications that have the potential to counter act with other medicines that taking anyting without my doctor knowing makes me nervous. I would be interested in what you are taking that has improved your blood work if you care to share and I may check with my doctor. 

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee sorry for the confusion...it was intended to be about OMI product and when trying to watch I got distracted by CK who appeared to be very tired which is unusal for her. 

Trusted Contributor

@happilyretiredgirl I completely agree. So many medications can interfere with supplements. I definitely recommend consulting a physician when on meds.

To answer your question, I would happily offer information on my experience and hope it helps.

To begin with, I do not take medications of any kind. I am 61 yrs old, very fit, 5'4 and 124 lbs, eat right, pretty much take care of myself and always have. 

Iron: I was showing deficiency in iron but some iron supplements have side affects. I take Lessman about 2-3x per week and my iron is back to normal numbers with no side affects.

Glucose: I have family history of diabetes, both parents and both grandma's. I eat very little sugar and carbs but my numbers were still creeping up and becoming borderline every year. I started taking Lessman's White Mulberry Leaf before any meal with sugar and/or starch. I would say I started this about 3-4 months ago. My numbers dropped 10 points and I did not change my diet whatsoever. 

Now, I take several other Lessman supplements and don't know if they do anything or not. But, when I went in for my blood work, the Dr. said, wow, your numbers are perfect except for glucose. I feel high glucose is a hereditary issue and I try to always watch my sugar intake but taking the White Mulberry seems to have worked. 

I also take his Women's MultiVitamin, the Immune Factor (never had Covid and rarely sick), Hair, Skin and Nails, Glucosamine and Chondroitin and occasionally I will try one of his specials. I was on his CoQ10 but my doctor said I didn't need this due to my other supplements containing enough vitamins. Honestly, I can't remember exactly why he said not to take them but he advised my husband to continue with the CoQ10.

Just an FYI, this doesn't change bloodwork but my husband takes Night Time and swears by them. I don't have problems sleeping so never took them. 

Good Luck. 

Honored Contributor

Her website, NaomiW dot com, has all the nutrition label info for her products sold here. FYI.

Trusted Contributor

@cjm61 Thank you for all the info, and I wish you the best to continue with your good health.

Trusted Contributor

I have to admit I did not watch any of the presentation. However, according to these comments, you can find the ingredients on their website. I understand that when presenting they would not list the items one by one due to it boring many viewers and possibly a channel changer. I think it's up to the consumer to research to get this information.

In addition, I wouldn't knock a product until I tried it. Again, I have supplements that are working very well for me so have no interest. But, I would not consider it "hype" unless I tried the product and found it lacking. I definitely welcome feedback, negative or positive, from posters that actually tried a product. I just don't understand some comments that are negative especially when it's due to cost and from others that have never tried it.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cjm61 wrote:

@happilyretiredgirl I completely agree. So many medications can interfere with supplements. I definitely recommend consulting a physician when on meds.

To answer your question, I would happily offer information on my experience and hope it helps.

To begin with, I do not take medications of any kind. I am 61 yrs old, very fit, 5'4 and 124 lbs, eat right, pretty much take care of myself and always have. 

Iron: I was showing deficiency in iron but some iron supplements have side affects. I take Lessman about 2-3x per week and my iron is back to normal numbers with no side affects.

Glucose: I have family history of diabetes, both parents and both grandma's. I eat very little sugar and carbs but my numbers were still creeping up and becoming borderline every year. I started taking Lessman's White Mulberry Leaf before any meal with sugar and/or starch. I would say I started this about 3-4 months ago. My numbers dropped 10 points and I did not change my diet whatsoever. 

Now, I take several other Lessman supplements and don't know if they do anything or not. But, when I went in for my blood work, the Dr. said, wow, your numbers are perfect except for glucose. I feel high glucose is a hereditary issue and I try to always watch my sugar intake but taking the White Mulberry seems to have worked. 

I also take his Women's MultiVitamin, the Immune Factor (never had Covid and rarely sick), Hair, Skin and Nails, Glucosamine and Chondroitin and occasionally I will try one of his specials. I was on his CoQ10 but my doctor said I didn't need this due to my other supplements containing enough vitamins. Honestly, I can't remember exactly why he said not to take them but he advised my husband to continue with the CoQ10.

Just an FYI, this doesn't change bloodwork but my husband takes Night Time and swears by them. I don't have problems sleeping so never took them. 

Good Luck. 

Thank you for mentioning the Andrew Lessman Night Time that your husband swears by  (in a good way).As I have gotten older my sleep is my problem .

Have been using  many of Andrew's supplements over the years and I also swears by them . I started  back in the late 80's when he first appeared on the Q with his powdered orange vitamin drink that I gave to my kids and myself.Husband at that time was I don't need that, now as he got older hear him telling me running low on Andrew's bottles of  this or that.

Once had a cardiologist ask me to bring in what I was taking as a new patient ,he seemed like he was surprised with my stash but said you sure  know what you should be taking for your age ,don't think you need me telling you anything. He did say everthing was spot on and was a very good  quality . He added you might spend a bit more but it is worth it ,I do agree as  I trust Andrew and have learned so much over the years.

Will be watching him this Sunday 1/22 as he has a Special on HSN but the Night Time is on my list for sure.