Occasional Contributor

O/T (kind of): Progress with ordering vanilla scents...

Hi, all,

I know there's been a flurry of activity about vanilla scented options on the boards lately and just wanted to share an update of my own personal progress ordering/searching for alternate vanilla avenues! Trying *really* hard to resist the Body Shop sale and wait to get these items, first!

Placed an order for five samples with Body Bakery on Thurdsay: not. a. peep from the company (not even a charge to my paypal account). Weird.

Placed four orders with four vendors on etsy dot com yesterday (as posted later in the day).

One from MrKittysSoapShop *shipped* this AM! Ordered for $4.75 a freshly made bar of organic vanilla buttercream shea butter soap.

Another, from herbolution's etsy shop shipped also today (less that *12* hours after placing the order): looking forward to receiving a sample size of their organic vanilla body butter ($2.80) and organic vanilla perfume oil ($10). The seller has already contacted me with a personal note thanking me for the order and included the shipping details, etc. That shop has had over 2,900, 100% positive feedback comments from customers... I can see why with just the customer service.

The third order is from wonderweed's etsy store; $13.95 for a 4 oz. organic vanilla bean body butter.

And last but not least, I ordered from hcurtis' etsy store brown sugar vanilla bean lotion ($7) and a mashmallow body butter (also $7). Both are small, so if I don't like, I won't feel too put out.

I wish you all happy hunting for a good, yummy, and satisfying vanilla product purchase!

Anyone interested, I will try to post reviews next week as the packages arrive (and I break down the boxes before DH sees them {#emotions_dlg.blush}).

Cheers!