Frequent Contributor

O/T Update Trading in a Vehicle That Has Been In An Accident

On 2/17/2012 drizzellla said:

Wellergirl - keep us posted what you decide. My husband keeps saying we should trade in my car for a new one. My car is a 2005 Corolla. It is still doing just fine and has been in 2 accidents also. I am in no hurry to get another car because I end up walking out of the dealer spending - in my opinion - far too much money.

The other day I found the bill of sale for my car and I paid more for the 2005 than I see the car selling in the newspapers today. That was a shock.

Hello,

Reporting back as requested. The trade in portion was relatively easy and prior accidents were a non-issue. But received a very low ball offer...made them come up quite a bit. I did make the deal on the new car before I brought up the trade. I really did my research, my husband just sat back (but he was my wing man) and watched me go...said it was a thing of beauty. All their talk about their (the dealership's) profit and their overhead...wah, wah. Well, I said I have bills to pay and a budget, too! All in all, I feel I got a ok deal...within my projected range but whoever said they always feel they've been taken whenever they leave a car dealership is absolutely right. Why do we have to go through all this nonsense just to buy a car?