Valued Contributor

Re: O/T Ultimate Grammar Fail?

spud188, when Her Majesty comes across some crude slang, that is beyond her comprehension, she Googles it. Just type, "props meaning" (by golly, I also did it with prolly) Wink, and up will pop the definition. Urban Dictionary is a great place to find the definitions of the slang words most used by the Commoners these days.

Honored Contributor

Let's hope it was ""auto correct"" that did him in.

Valued Contributor

oh grammarqueen- I sea what you mean...

How about -""I'm so jelly."" Jelly for jealous...I hear that one a lot.

Double negatives drive me nuts!

Respected Contributor

I'm very surprised at so many people confusing the words "their" and "there" and "they're." Also, there seems to be a feeling there's no difference between "your" and "you're" and "to" and "too." Didn't we learn these very early in school?

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Valued Contributor

I saw this on Facebook once: "Upset by my bad grammar? There, they're, their, you'll get over it." It's just to, two, too much!

Respected Contributor

On 5/18/2014 lolakimono said:

Let's hope it was ""auto correct"" that did him in.

Good point. Typos and autocorrect are a problem.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

On 5/18/2014 grammarqueen said:

I saw this on Facebook once: "Upset by my bad grammar? There, they're, their, you'll get over it."

Cute!Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I am always amazed when I read Facebook posts...the worst is a woman who is an elementary school teacher! She frequently uses "to", "too", and "two" incorrectly, as well as "through" and "threw", and "their", "they're", and "there". Like another poster said, this is like nails on a chalkboard to me. Because it's a teacher it is even more bothersome.

Esteemed Contributor

I am a retired school teacher. You can only imagine how I feel when I see poor grammar and spelling as well as poorly crafted sentences. I have given up even thinking about it.

It would seem it does not matter anymore. And the year I retired we were told not to teach grammar and spelling. It was more important to teach thinking skills.

With all the technology, not only is proper speech and writing skills down the tubes, communication and face to face socialization is on the way out as well.

Honored Contributor

The end of Western civilization. Better-half and I exchange these "interesting" uses of grammar and punctuation from the forums. The spelling always intrigues me. Was it intentional or do they simply not know how to spell? The last one I saw was defiantly for definitely. The next day someone did the same thing at work.

Clearly, this is contagious.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~