Honored Contributor

O/T Shawn On the TV Show "The Soup"!

I was just watching the TV show "The Soup" (Sunday, 14 July) and Joel (the Host) did a paradoy on Sean! First he showed her over and over in her presentations repeating a 'buzz word'. Then he showed her over and over repeating the word "honest". They were phrases like, "I'm completely 'honest' about this, "you know I'm just being 'honest', if you want me to be 'honest' and so on, over and over. He was showing how she uses the word 'honest' over and over as if we should believe her because she is using the word 'honest'.

Then he said something like, "Your a *%$# liar".

Jeanne Bice (Quacker Factory) was often joked about and as a matter of fact came on "The Soup" several times as a guest of the Host (Joel). It seemed that over the years he and Jeanne came to become friends. She always took his jokes (at her expense) lightly and realized that as a person on TV it comes with the territory. In fact, I remember that once he even came on QVC as a guest of Jeanne.

However, I don't remember any reference on 'The Soup' where they were actually mean when referencing Jeanne. This presentation seemed actually mean. I've never paid any attention to the way Shawn uses the same words over and over. Honestly, I know I could never do what these ladies do every day (coming up with different words while describing the same product hour after hour).

I don't watch 'The Soup' consciously every week. I just see it when I am changing channels, looking for something to watch. It is a funny show if you enjoy biting references to current events. They take the celebrity, in the celebritie's own words and (for the most part) let the words speak for themselves; as in Shawn using the words, "honest, being perfectly honest, speaking honestly". His comments were unusually harsh.