Respected Contributor

Re: O/T My QVC Serta Is Only 2 Months Old and Is Falling Apart!

Last year I purchased one from the Q and returned it within a month. I could tell it would not hold up. Hopefully they can do something for you.

Respected Contributor

If you have a smartphone you can take a picture of the tag and print the picture.
Respected Contributor

On 10/5/2014 MalteseMomma said:

{#emotions_dlg.angry} Shame on QVC!!!

Terrible customer relations. I have heard many stories like this about many things ,like your mattress,tv's computers ,ect.

I can totally feel your pain.I too am a 77 yr old widow (also with a bad back!) Who turns their mattress anymore at this age, not me and we shouldn't have to!!! We look to QVC for shopping ease and quality, and they turn around and leave you to fend for yourself!

SHAME ON QVC!!!!

Write and call the BBB first thing Monday morning !

I thought QVC disclosed that the mattress has to be turned in order to wear properly? So how can QVC be at fault? Legally, they are within their rights because they disclosed all pertinent information about the mattress and they also gave the OP a 30 day return policy clearly stated.

I feel badly for her but it is not QVC's responsibility. All complaints should go to Serta.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/5/2014 kal said:
On 10/5/2014 sfnative said:
On 10/5/2014 Krimpette said:

I'm still not understanding how it could be "shame on QVC" when their 30-day policy is so clearly stated.

I honestly believes it boils down to the implied selling of junk Serta mattresses. It makes me wonder if perhaps, ans I say "perhaps," the Q is selling Serta "seconds." This is all conjecture.

Another thing that occurs to me is that a deal is made to sell a cheap look-a-like mattress. By that I mean looks like or similar to top end Serta.

It's illegal to sell seconds in the mattress biz. QVC would not be doing that.

"Seconds" as second in quality (had lower rating in the QA process): I would not put it past them.

Why would that be illegal? It's simply a mattress that's not up to spec as it were.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/5/2014 luvpoos said:

Last year I purchased one from the Q and returned it within a month. I could tell it would not hold up. Hopefully they can do something for you.

Sorry about your experience. I still think something untoward is going on here. By that I mean that the Q is purchasing second rate goods and coming off ""on screen"" as though you're going to get the best sleep ever on this mattress.

I don't buy it. There's something crooked going on.

Super Contributor

On 10/5/2014 jenagal said:
On 10/5/2014 Margo Channing said:
On 10/5/2014 RedTop said: I am very sorry you are having these problems from such a major purchase. This type of complaint is exactly why I don't even consider buying these types of merchandise from QVC. After years of reading the reviews and complaints, I am extremely wary of merchandise QVC buys in large quantities, because I firmly believe it is not first quality stuff. I believe the merchandise is second quality at best, and is no better than the re manufactured stuff I can buy at Big Lots. Over the years the customer complaints on QVC items like Dell, Kitchenaid, Keurig, and Duraflame are indicative of poor quality---not just bad luck in getting the one bad item in the batch. I know people who own Kitchenaid mixers and Keurigs they bought from other suppliers, and their appliances are holding up well, while QVC customers report issues with the products, and have had several replacements that are still problematic. Without a doubt, I do not trust the quality of this merchandise. Two years ago, I pushed for a mattress replacement from Serta on the 8 year old mattress on my daughters bed. The mattress was purchased from the furniture store where I have purchased practically everything for my home. I simply contacted the salesman, who verified my purchase and contacted Serta, and then I did everything I was instructed to do. My first step was to remove the tags from the mattress, make a photocopy of them, and take the copy to the salesman. The information on the tags tells the company exactly when and where the mattress was made, and they can determine whether that mattress was one of many that may be involved in a quality control issue. THe furniture store salesman faxed the information to the Serta salesman. Our next step was that our furniture salesman came to the house and took photos of the mattress which he emailed to the Serta salesman. Based on the photos and the age of the mattress, I received a discount on the replacement bedding I had already purchased. My daughter picked out her new bedding, the store delivered it, and once my Serta credit was applied, I made a trip to the store to pay my balance on the bedding. The entire process took 4 months, but my daughter had replacement bedding within 2 days after her selection; the store was the one who had to wait on their money until after Serta made their decision as to the pro-rated replacement value. Serta has a limited time full replacement on their mattresses; we were 8 years into a 10 year warranty, so we received a percentage, which came out to about 10% of the original purchase price of the bedding. Wishing you the very best with your replacement process. The tags on bedding contain vital information the manufacturer uses when they receive reports of a defect; therefore it is illegal for tags to be removed prior to the bedding being sold. As the consumer, you can remove the tags once the bedding is in your home, but you must remember they are the major link to filing a claim if the bedding does not hold up. No tags, no claim. I usually remove the tags, staple them to my bill of sale, and keep in my warranty file.

PARAGRAPHS ARE YOUR FRIEND.

....Except on an iPad you can't make paragraphs. Sad but true.
You can blame QVC and their subpar website for the iPad paragraph issue as well!
Super Contributor

On 10/5/2014 MalteseMomma said:

{#emotions_dlg.angry} Shame on QVC!!!

Terrible customer relations. I have heard many stories like this about many things ,like your mattress,tv's computers ,ect.

I can totally feel your pain.I too am a 77 yr old widow (also with a bad back!) Who turns their mattress anymore at this age, not me and we shouldn't have to!!! We look to QVC for shopping ease and quality, and they turn around and leave you to fend for yourself!

SHAME ON QVC!!!!

Write and call the BBB first thing Monday morning !

GEEZ! You don't have to turn the mattress OVER! Rotate it. Same side, but where you head lays now reverses with where your feet are.

It's not Serta's or QVC's problem. It's not that hard to rotate a mattress, I do mine every 2 months - queen - myself and I'm 61.

Like I said above, I had a spring pop out on an 18 month old SEALY I got from HSN. I followed Sealy's rules to get a replacement and I got one even better (a non-spring Optimum memory foam instead of innerspring) and there was no delivery fee.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/5/2014 sfnative said:
On 10/5/2014 luvpoos said:

Sorry about your experience. I still think something untoward is going on here. By that I mean that the Q is purchasing second rate goods and coming off "on screen" as though you're going to get the best sleep ever on this mattress.

I don't buy it. There's something crooked going on.

Seriously???? Please stop with the dramatics. With any product sold, with any retailer you will have complaints. That's just common sense. I don't understand the people that think that Magically anything that you purchase from QVC, will be perfect and that you will have no complaints. How many thousands upon thousands of customers have purchased Serta Mattresses not only through QVC, but other retailers as well and have had no problems.

I am not trying to attack the OP, but it started out with a ticking noise, then it progressed to sagging in the middle, and lastly it now smells. I am not saying that they OP is not experiencing these issues, but she does frequently purchases a lot and returns a lot, which anyone that has been on these boards for more than a minute is aware of.

The OP needs to deal directly with Serta, this is not a QVC issue. They have stood by their warranty. Like everyone, I have purchased items that I have not been pleased with from all retailers. From time to time these matters need to be escalated. I find by contacting the correct person, treating them with respect during the conversation although you are frustrated and mad almost always solves the issue. No dramatics required.

Esteemed Contributor

icezeus.....you said what I have been thinking since this thread started....I have read many of the OP's posts on how she buys and returns almost if not all what she has purchased..so when I read this thread I figured it was another such incidence...only she is having a more difficult time of it....

strange how she has not mentioned this until the Serta TSV....why hasn't she brought it up sooner ...when the trouble began...and just what IS wrong with the mattress...ticking..sagging...or smell...I think the ""problem"" is suspect....sorry....

Respected Contributor

To the OP,

I didn't read all the comments, but I can tell you this. I used to sell furniture and I sold a lot of mattresses. IMHO, Serta makes wonderful mattresses. Before I left the furniture job, I bought a Serta mattress for myself. My guess is, for $35.oo, Serta sends someone to your house and checks the mattress. If you got a defective one, and it sounds like you did, they will REPLACE the bad one. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Good luck!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."