Esteemed Contributor

Re: O/T My QVC Serta Is Only 2 Months Old and Is Falling Apart!

On 10/5/2014 HappyDaze said:

It is silly to say "shame on qvc" when it is CLEARLY written in their policy about the mattress. The OP should have been familiar with the policy before purchasing and QVC is not at fault here.

Sorry OP but honestly, the manufacturers are usually pretty good with warranty issue. They should send someone out to investigate your issue. They will take measurements, etc and if they do indeed find an issue, they will either replace it or fix the problem. That has been my experience with mattress issues in the past.

I personally would never buy a mattress or big $$ purchase from online or a shopping network anyway but that is a whole other issue.

Well,I certainly HOPE the manufacturer does what you say.This is terrible customer relations for both sides !!!!

...and I'll say it again "SHAME ON QVC" !!!!

Super Contributor

the OP has been given instructions from the manufacturer but it seems like she doesn't want to take the time to do them so instead just wants someone to hurry up and get it out of there. People are jumping the gun telling her to file complaints.
Even on the BBB the first thing they ask is did you try to resolve this with the company, then they ask you how. If you didn't do what the company advised you to do, the BBB will not file the complaint until you do. They aren't there to do the consumer's work for them, only as a last resort after the consumer has done everything as advised.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/5/2014 baddest_dog said:
On 10/5/2014 MalteseMomma said:
On 10/5/2014 Rowdymom said:

Bottom line is that Annabelle was physically unable to comply with the terms of the warranty. That's NOT Serta's problem. Can you imagine attempting to return a car with a burned out engine because you don't know how to change the oil or put gas into it?

This is an eye opening experience. Do your research, understand how much work something is going to be BEFORE you make your problem someone else's.

I'm sorry to ask, but how was she unable to comply with the terms of warenty........not being able to turn over a $900 mattress? I never heard of such a thing!

again, it is not turning it over, it is rotating corners. It states that in the warranty information. How is it the manufacturer's problem to solve when someone is physically unable to do something alone? We all have limitations on things not only as we age but because of disabilities as well.

be reasonable................a 70 yr old woman cannot turn a mattress over or around. I would think SERTA mattress were better quality than that. I have not turn or rotated my mattress in over 20 yrs and it is as good as new .

SERTA must sell junk mattresses if in 2 months it depletes !!!

I must inform my friends and relatives of this !!!

Honored Contributor

I'm still not understanding how it could be ""shame on QVC"" when their 30-day policy is so clearly stated.

Super Contributor

On 10/5/2014 baddest_dog said:
On 10/5/2014 Rowdymom said:

Bottom line is that Annabelle was physically unable to comply with the terms of the warranty. That's NOT Serta's problem. Can you imagine attempting to return a car with a burned out engine because you don't know how to change the oil or put gas into it?

This is an eye opening experience. Do your research, understand how much work something is going to be BEFORE you make your problem someone else's.

I'm sorry to ask, but how was she unable to comply with the terms of warenty........not being able to turn over a $900 mattress? I never heard of such a thing!

again, it is not turning it over, it is rotating corners. It states that in the warranty information. How is it the manufacturer's problem to solve when someone is physically unable to do something alone? We all have limitations on things not only as we age but because of disabilities as well.

be reasonable................a 70 yr old woman cannot turn a mattress over or around. I would think SERTA mattress were better quality than that. I have not turn or rotated my mattress in over 20 yrs and it is as good as new .

SERTA must sell junk mattresses if in 2 months it depletes !!!

I must inform my friends and relatives of this !!!

I would think any mattress s/b rotated for even wear and tear. Has nothing to do with being reasonable. She bought something either without doing her homework and reading the instructions, or she did read them and didn't feel the need to follow them.

If a 70 year old woman can''t turn a mattress that clearly states you should, then bottom line is don't buy that one. I can't understand blasting a company that you choose to buy something from and then can't use it properly. That would be like me buying a corvette with a stick shift and then calling GM to pick it up because I don't have the agility anymore to shift the gears.

Honored Contributor

so maltesemomma apparently does not think the customers should take any personal responsibility whatsoever for any situations. A customer shouldn't have to read and abide by the return policy even though purchasing the item is essentially a contract stating you have read and agreed to the policy? And that the customer shouldn't have to abide by the warranty terms and do their part to keep a mattress at its optimum condition?

The OP talks about her kids all the time visiting, etc so I am sure there is someone she could contact to help her flip a mattress once in a great while or whatever the terms are. And if she can't, then like another poster mentioned, don't buy that particular mattress. It really is that simple.

And BBB will NOT investigate a claim such as this since QVC's return policy is CLEARLY written. This is truly a black and white situation- no grey areas whatsoever.

Esteemed Contributor

so maltesemomma apparently does not think the customers should take any personal responsibility whatsoever for any situations. A customer shouldn't have to read and abide by the return policy even though purchasing the item is essentially a contract stating you have read and agreed to the policy? And that the customer shouldn't have to abide by the warranty terms and do their part to keep a mattress at its optimum condition?

The OP talks about her kids all the time visiting, etc so I am sure there is someone she could contact to help her flip a mattress once in a great while or whatever the terms are. And if she can't, then like another poster mentioned, don't buy that particular mattress. It really is that simple.

And BBB will NOT investigate a claim such as this since QVC's return policy is CLEARLY written. This is truly a black and white situation- no grey areas whatsoever.

No , HAPPY DAZE,I think,you are wrong. In this case QVC could make a small allowance, to the customer ,for good customer relations.

That is how you do good business!! SHAME ON QVC!!!

Honored Contributor

No , HAPPY DAZE,I think,you are wrong. In this case QVC could make a small allowance to the customer ,for good customer relations.

lol, okay so you answered my question by not actually answering it- Customers have no personal responsibilities whatsoever. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

And I am done with this silliness.

Esteemed Contributor

No , HAPPY DAZE,I think,you are wrong. In this case QVC could make a small allowance to the customer ,for good customer relations.

lol, okay so you answered my question by not actually answering it- Customers have no personal responsibilities whatsoever. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

And I am done with this silliness.

good for you!!!!

Super Contributor

why in this case? Because she is older and complained publicly? C'mon now. Everyone then can complain to the public and expect to get satisfaction. This OP has admitted on many posts in the past that she is an impulse buyer and buys many things she never needs or even uses. She has then gone on to say in posts about people getting the too many returns letter, that she will buy anything she wants and return as much as she wants anytime. To me it just seems like by coming on this board and hoping people will give her sympathy, she can use that to her advantage to force QVC to refund her money. Sorry, but that does not sit well with me. You seem to be missing the point that she has been given options but chooses not to use them.

I guess if you think they should make an exception in the name of good customer service, then they should take it back, refund her money, and not allow her to purchase anything again. They have a "try me" period of 30 days. If she keeps insisting the clicking started a few weeks later, then work with Serta who must stand by their warranty. QVC carries no warranties for merchandise they sell beyond 30 days.