Super Contributor

O/T Costco Concierge Service

I just had the most wonderful Costco experience EVER! I bought my granddaughter a laptop for Christmas 2012. She has used it and enjoyed it for over a year. Last week she couldn't connect to the internet over our wireless network. She asked me to fix it. (I have somehow become the go to person for IT problems.)

I worked on it last night and tried all my usual tricks to no avail. I called the Costco Concierge number and got a wonderful person. She walked me through all sorts of solutions again to no avail. She suggested that I backup the hard drive and call back in the morning.

I backed up the hard drive and called back and got a different wonderful person. He pulled up my case file and stayed with me for 45 minutes and got it working again!!!

All of this is free for as long as you have the computer. They are based in the US and were so very patient with me. I will never buy any electornics, tv, cameras, etc., from anyone else. Just another reason for me to love Costco.

Trusted Contributor

Re: O/T Costco Concierge Service

I completely agree and had a similar situation that they resolved for me! I, too, would never buy electronics elsewhere and I agree that it's another reason to LOVE COSTCO!!

Honored Contributor

I've been with costco for about 5 years now and have never heard of their concierge service. I will have to check into it. Is it just for electronics?

Respected Contributor

Darned....I don't have a Costco anywhere near me, but I do know that I can purchase online with a $5.95 fee for the pass for the purchase. This is good to know as a thought for my next tech purchase! Thanks for sharing!!

Valued Contributor

Concierge Service is technical support exclusively for Costco members Receive free technical support for any Television, Computer, Touchscreen Tablet, Projector, Camera, Camcorder, MP3 Player, Home Theater System, DVD Player and Blu-ray Player, Printer (Stand alone), Monitor (Stand alone), Router, Pressure Washer or Security Camera Systems you purchase at Costco or Costco.com website. HTH
Honored Contributor

On 1/24/2014 TootyJane said: Concierge Service is technical support exclusively for Costco members Receive free technical support for any Television, Computer, Touchscreen Tablet, Projector, Camera, Camcorder, MP3 Player, Home Theater System, DVD Player and Blu-ray Player, Printer (Stand alone), Monitor (Stand alone), Router, Pressure Washer or Security Camera Systems you purchase at Costco or Costco.com website. HTH

that is awesome info, thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

...and to speak to a support person based in the U.S. --- who speaks perfect English. What a concept!!!!!!

Valued Contributor

We had a problem with the sound on a VIZIO TV we bought from Costo so we called them and OMG, the people at their concierge desk were amazing. As it turned out, they couldn't help us so they connected us right to VIZIO at 9PM in the evening. They didn't give us the number and tell us to call, they called and connected us and stayed on the line until the problem was resolved. A few days later they called us to see if everything was ok with the TV now or did we need more assistance. And the most amazing thing of all is that the problem turned out to be with our Cable box and not the TV itself but it was the diagnostic tech on the phone who helped us to figure that out.

For those who don't know, Costco extends the manufacturers warranty for one full year past the manufacturers warranty. I will never buy an electronic product anywhere else.

Maria

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

On 1/24/2014 kivah said:

...and to speak to a support person based in the U.S. --- who speaks perfect English. What a concept!!!!!!

!!!

Helloooo Hewlett Packard!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Super Contributor

I forgot to add that I couldn't find my receipt. They were so helpful. They asked for my Costco card number and found everything they needed in their system. When they answer the line they give their name and their badge number. They also give you a case number. I was told that if this happens again that I am to call again. They didn't rush me or make me feel stupid for for not knowing how to handle my problem.

I cannot tell you how happy they made me.