Trusted Contributor

Just got mine in the mail and the box was empty.   Now I am afraid to order anything 

online anymore.   This has never happened to me before so I wanted to let you all know

that this happened.  Never mind that I was waiting all week to get it and try it and its now

sold out.  But I feel violated.  Yes QVC refunded me but how do I know that anything else

I order will be safe?   Very sad.

Respected Contributor

I can understand feeling upset, but violated?  I think that's insensitive to those who have actually experienced being violated. 

How do you know anything you order will be safe? You don't. None of us are given guarantees in life. Anything ordered online from ANY retailer is subject to something happening to a package. But it's just stuff. 

Regular Contributor

I know how you feel about receiving an empty box. It's an unnerving feeling when you don't know what happened to the missing contents. You can't help wondering whether it left the warehouse empty or was it opened and contents removed in transit? It does make you hesitant to place another order when you can't be sure the same thing won't happen again.

I have received an empty box from QVC too and they were wonderful about replacing the item. I believe there was a mistake at the warehouse since the package was perfectly intact. Hopefully, that is what happened with your order too.

Trusted Contributor

The tape was cut.   Someone cut the tape and removed the contents.  And yes,  if someone steals from someone ,  they do feel violated.  Don't tell people how to feel or how to respond.

Valued Contributor

Re: NuFace mini

[ Edited ]

I am sorry this happened to you OP.  But, I think your response may have been a little more heated than warranted.  What the other poster is referring to, and your choice of words to describe your upsetting experience, are not "exactly" the same thing and you understand that I hope.  Good on QVC to refund you.  Did you contact the actual delivery service ( Mail or UPS) to tell them as well?  They are as responsible as the retailer and you should file a complaint. Also, I would check with neighbors and friends in your area to see if it has happened to them recently.  As another poster noted, we all take risks when buying online, catalog or using online banking/transfers of money, etc.  Everything is a risk these days, sadly.  I am very sorry this happened to you.  

Respected Contributor

@nada54, no one has told anyone how to feel or respond. But I believe words matter. I think saying you were violated over a shipping mishap, for which you've been compensated, trivializes the impact to those actually violated. I hope an empty package is the worse you ever suffer.

Trusted Contributor

Since you felt so concerned to respond at after midnight to me using the word violated to describe how I feel when someone steals something from me, since the box was cut open,   my hope for you is that maybe you need some kind of therapy yourself instead of sitting up on your computer being a "Super condtributor".   

Respected Contributor

Too funny, but sad.

Is that post supposed to be some type of slight or insult because again it shows a lack of understanding and is bizarre. Not everyone post from a computer, not everyone lives in your time zone, and midnight is not some magic hour where one turns into a pumpkin. There's a global economy where people work all hours other than 9 to 5. In fact many are at their most productive after midnight.  Sad.

Trusted Contributor

Don't be sad!    I wish you peace, good health and lots of happiness!   

Have a great day.

Esteemed Contributor

nada54

I received mine Saturday and I really do not need it.  I have 2 Nufaces already.  I had a credit to use.   Sending mine back in the pink and requesting that they contact you in case you are still interested.  I never even opened it up.  I hope you will at least get a chance to have an item you ordered and wanted.  And if you changed your mind, that is fine too.