Respected Contributor

November Allure-Fake Make-Up

There is an interesting article about people selling fake make-up. Some can be dangerous. Just wanted to shareWoman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: November Allure-Fake Make-Up

@VenturaHighway,  What is fake makeup?  Foundations? mascaras? lipsticks?  It is scary if it goes on your face, eyes and lips and you have a reaction.  I did not see the article so I cannot comment further.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the heads-up about this article @VenturaHighway.  Ugh! Fake name-brand makeup possibly containing arsenic, gasoline, glue or even urine in them is just awful. I read the online Allure article and I must say that the female reporter was much braver than I could ever be by buying and actually using lipstick that she bought from a street vendor, which did turn out to be fake.

At first, I was like "So what, no way am I going to buy name-brand cosmetics or skin care from some random person selling it on the street." But, the article goes on to say that this stuff is being sold online--some of this junk actually showed up on Amazon--and often looks identical to the real thing. Now that's scary.

Here's a link to the article:

https://www.allure.com/story/counterfeit-beauty-products

Respected Contributor

@ChazzyLady @VenturaHighway

Wow, thanks for the article.  It is terrible that people are selling fake cosmetics and skincare products. It can be really bad for your health. 

Here is another article from Allure about Fake Make Up

https://www.allure.com/story/counterfeit-beauty-products-all-time-high

In this article, it states "The only way to really be sure you’re getting the genuine article is to buy directly from the brand’s website or from a trusted retail seller like Sephora or Ulta."

Trusted Contributor

fake news and fake makeup...omgosh what next!!!

TY for this..heard about this before...but not as in detail, it's just horrible!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

@ChazzyLady wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up about this article @VenturaHighway.  Ugh! Fake name-brand makeup possibly containing arsenic, gasoline, glue or even urine in them is just awful. I read the online Allure article and I must say that the female reporter was much braver than I could ever be by buying and actually using lipstick that she bought from a street vendor, which did turn out to be fake.

At first, I was like "So what, no way am I going to buy name-brand cosmetics or skin care from some random person selling it on the street." But, the article goes on to say that this stuff is being sold online--some of this junk actually showed up on Amazon--and often looks identical to the real thing. Now that's scary.

Here's a link to the article:

https://www.allure.com/story/counterfeit-beauty-products

@ChazzyLady   Thanks for looking up the article and posting the link. Thanks @VenturaHighway  for the alert. I had heard a little about this before but hadn't realized how dangerous these products could be. It almost makes you want to go in the kitchen and start mixing your own.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Respected Contributor

@Tique@mimi5775@momoftwo2007@ChazzyLady@Katcat1

Thanks for posting the  linkWoman Very Happy I have seen name-brand make-up products sold at flea markets. I never bought any but was shocked now to see this information.

There is a face powder that I loved and the company quit making it maybe four years ago. I found some on Amazon and thought about buying it but didn't. The main reason was that I figured it would be old.

My sister-in-law buys some of her medicine online because it is cheaper. Now to me, that is scary.

Trusted Contributor

@VenturaHighway

agree! rx meds should be not bought online unless it is a trusted site but

even then I'd be scared :-O!!!!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky