Honored Contributor

I have to wear polish! I'm very much a girly, girl and keep my nails polished at all times. I've never had them done professionally, I just do them myself. My nails are strong and healthy! I change my polish weekly and vary the colors all the time. Nope, never go out without pretty hands!!

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I'm back with my reviews. I didn't want to spend much, so tried a few items on my nails. 

I had a Sally chamois buffer in my stash. It's just okay. I bought some buffing sticks at Walmart. Nothing special. Then I bought one of the four sided buffers. Easy to use and did a fair job. The winner was the Czech glass buffer. Wow! It gave me such a shine, it looks like I am wearing clear polish.

Thanks again for all of your replies and suggestions.Cat Very Happy

Spoiler

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

Re: No more nail polish

[ Edited ]

I don't  wear nail polish except on special occasions. I haven't worn it on a regular basis since high school. My nails have always grown long, strong and very white. They even grow out in a nice oval shape and need very little fileing or care. The only time I do have problems with them is if I wear polish for weeks at a time. They peel, split and break easily.When I'm going some place special, I will get a manicure with polish. But remove it as soon as it starts to chip. I recently asked my manicurist about having buffing done on a regular basis and she said it makes the nails thin. So for now, I'm also using different creams to make them shine. I wish I could wear it all the time. I love how it looks and my four year old granddaughter loves it too!(she's  a very girly girl...lol!) I had polish on at her recent birthday party and the first thing she said when she saw me was, "Grandma, I like your pink nail polish!"

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Trusted Contributor

Neutrogena once had a product that has been out of production for several years now.  It was called Neutrogena Instant Nail Enhancer.  It was clear or pearlized and lasted about 24 hours, coming off through the day with handwashing.

I don't know of any other product like it.  I sure wish they would bring it back.

Count me in the club who cannot wear nail polish because nail polish remover is so hard on my nails. 

Respected Contributor

I use a chamois buffer with a buffing cream. Using any kind of file thins nails. I also use a white pencil under the nails. Nice look; not a French manicure but close.

Respected Contributor

I got a compliment today on how beautiful my nails look. I was told it looks like I have a French manicure. This is just from using the buffing file. Cat Very Happy

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.