Honored Contributor

No more mail coupons from cvs???

I got 25% to 30% coupons from cvs every 2 weeks for as far back as I can remember.  Then, suddenly --- boom -- a couple months ago they just stopped! Is this just me -- or has then been the experience of others?

I figured maybe they were just cutting back but didn't know.  I used to buy a lot of things there when I got those coupons and it really helped.  Since not getting them, I don't buy much there at all.  I don't find their regular prices that good.  I know they still have the coupons you get when you use your card in the little machine but they are usually not all that good.

Thanks! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Re: No more mail coupons from cvs???

I never got those coupons, only the ones at the checkout and like you said, not that great. They also don't have flyers in the Sunday paper anymore. I guess all these places just assume everyone has a computer or tablet. Another money saver for them, I guess.

Honored Contributor

@catter70 

Between DH and I with prescriptions, etc., we spent a ton of money in there, so I guess that is why we got them. But we were still spending the money in there and they just stopped.  So -- beats me!  But now, they are losing even more money because I'm not buying much there any more! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  We've been getting them pretty regularly.  In fact, I have 2 coupons now for 25% off, one expires tomorrow and then there's another for the next 2 weeks.  We make sure we use them thinking that they will keep coming if we do.  And yes, 25% off does help and motivates us to go to CVS.  We also have a Walgreens across the street.

Trusted Contributor

Several times a year I will get a coupon mailed from CVS  30% off a single purchase of $99.00 excluding sale items.  I don't spend that much at CVS, I will stock up on the supplements when they have buy 1 get one free and maybe pick up greeting cards, but that's about all, so the coupon goes to waste.  I do like the 'Rewards' coupons that you get after a purchase and have to remember to use them before the expiration dates.

Respected Contributor

I still get coupons like that all the time through email.

Respected Contributor

I have a CVS ExtraCare card and get extra bucks rewards. I don't remember getting coupons in the mail for a whileWoman Frustrated

Occasional Contributor

I also have the Extra Care card and I haven't received coupons in the mail for a long time.

Super Contributor

I get emails from them when I have to coupons.  Just click on the icon and it added to my rewards card.  I like this a lot better!

Respected Contributor

I just got 2 coupons from CVS yesterday for 30% off.  Lots of times at checking out the coupons on the receipt are for $5 off next purchase.

I get the 30% ones pretty often.