Super Contributor

Re: No more mail coupons from cvs???

@AngelPuppy1 I know not everyone likes downloading apps or uses a smart phone, but the CVS app is wonderful and easy to use if you do.  They send you percentage off (and other coupons) all the time. I just check the app when I need something or will be there any way to pick up an RX. They have stopped sending me paper coupons also.

Respected Contributor

My CVS coupons that I used to get in the mail stopped also.
Frequent Contributor

I have not seen a CVS coupon in the mail in many months.  

I used to get a 40% coupon via email every week.  Arrived Thursday, good through the following Wednesday.  I used them to purchase a full price item almost every week.  They definitely drove my CVS purchases.  Abruptly and with no explanation, about 8 weeks ago they stopped.  The first week thereafter I received an email coupon for $7 off a $70 purchase (insulting!).  Each week following on Thursday I have received a 20% coupon good through the following Wednesday.  

Needless to say I have not been rushing to use these meager coupon offerings.  Friends report receiving a flat $4 off coupon instead of the previous 40%.

Looks like CVS is cutting back on the discounts.  Their call, but I am cutting back on the shopping.  😊

Honored Contributor

No mail coupons here; just long register receipts.

Esteemed Contributor

I used to get those coupons years ago, and then they stopped, before the pandemic.  I think I had to spend a certain amount to get them, not sure what the amoint was.  The pharmacists in my CVS didn't seem to know what they were doing and the CVS was poorly stocked, so I started going to Walgreens.  I think that is when the coupons stopped.  The store closed.  Eventually, so did my Walgreens and I did really like that one!  It was well stocked with plenty of business.  I think there is a shortage of pharmacists and they are having problems staffing these stores.

Esteemed Contributor

@pietook wrote:

I get emails from them when I have to coupons.  Just click on the icon and it added to my rewards card.  I like this a lot better!

Oh, I think this is right for me too!  They changed to a model that they emailed coupons, and they had to be downloaded, and I never seemed to be able to download them in the store, so I had to remember to do that ahead of time, and I never did.

I gave up on the loyalty programs, except for the grocery store one, which is kind of measley anyway, but I know how it works, and can use it if I want to. 

I never signed up for the Walgreens loyalty program because I didn't want them to track my purchases, which is what they do.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, everybody.  I see that some are still getting them and some not.  I always used mine, so I don't know why they pulled the plug on me!  Well, they are losing most of my business now --- not that they notice or care!  I like Walgreen's better as they are a much nicer, better stocked store, but the prices there are not that great either.  So, now I buy most of the things I would normally get in CVS at Walmart.  I don't like Walmart particularly but the prices are better.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I just my coupons in the mail last week.

Valued Contributor

I never got CVS coupons by mail. We have one in our town that drove out Rite-Aid. Better prices there, now that's all there is. Amazon gets my business now. CVS is pretty much self service too. No one is there.