Trusted Contributor
On 6/19/2014 DoxieMomma said:
On 6/19/2014 Shashie23 said:

Aside from the smell of FAS, how did the formula perform?

I'm still fairly new to WEN but this kit seems like a great deal for a lot of product. I think for just a 32oz core CC and oil this is a great price. I'm thinking about TT as my core choice but I'd like to know a little more about the performance of FAS. So far I've used POM and SOB and both seem to work pretty well with my hair (just past shoulders, medium in texture with strong waves that may be coaxed into curls) but did leave me a little frizzy which may be weather related.

First of all, I think a lot of the dislike for the smell stems from the fact that the previous fall seasonal, Fall Ginger Pumpkin, was a much loved, much adored formula; both for performance and fragrance. Regarding performance, for me personally, Fall Apple Spice was awesome! I can only use seasonals occasionally, but I really liked this formula, it cleansed well, rinsed easily, I had great volume and LOTS of shine from it (probably more than any other CC). I don't love the smell, but I can tolerate it. It is very strongly scented, heavy on the maple. It should have been named Fall Maple Syrup on top of Apple Pancakes, lol.

I like to use it with Tea Tree as my first cleanse, FAS as my second cleanse, FAS as my leave in, with TT styling cream. For me, the FAS smell lingered in my hair longer than any other CC, the TT balanced it out and made it more well-rounded, toned down the maple and enhanced the apple. My SO kept saying I smelled like apple pie.......in a good way.

This set is a great value, and Tea Tree is a great choice as a core CC, I'm debating ordering that for myself!

This is why I grabbed 3 in TT! If you use it, and you use the oil, (and can use the FAS) it's a no brainer!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Trusted Contributor

NoLimit, you twisted my arm, I caved and ordered!!

I saw your earlier post regarding the FAS RTM, I don't use it on myself, but I use it on my dogs! It is "their" fragrance, mixed with a little tea tree RTM. They smell like little apple dumplings. :-)

Trusted Contributor

I saw your earlier post regarding the FAS RTM, I don't use it on myself, but I use it on my dogs! It is "their" fragrance, mixed with a little tea tree RTM. They smell like little apple dumplings. :-)

Well that's an idea! We have a big, doofy, standard poodle named Phoebe. Now she can smell like an apple dumpling. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Trusted Contributor
On 6/19/2014 nolimitshopping said:

Well that's an idea! We have a big, doofy, standard poodle named Phoebe. Now she can smell like an apple dumpling. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Lol, that's funny.......I'm imagining Phoebe from "Friends"........

Two squirts of FAS and two squirts of TT, that's our dogs recipe. My Pekingese is kinda "doofy" as well, he's not the brightest crayon in the box. I'll squirt him while he's napping and he'll wake up sniffing.......don't think he's yet realized that the good smell is coming from him.......he's special.

Our mini doxie loves it, she knows what cabinet I store them in, and when I open it and shake the bottles, she comes running!

Trusted Contributor
On 6/19/2014 nolimitshopping said:

Lol, that's funny.......I'm imagining Phoebe from "Friends"........

Two squirts of FAS and two squirts of TT, that's our dogs recipe. My Pekingese is kinda "doofy" as well, he's not the brightest crayon in the box. I'll squirt him while he's napping and he'll wake up sniffing.......don't think he's yet realized that the good smell is coming from him.......he's special.

Our mini doxie loves it, she knows what cabinet I store them in, and when I open it and shake the bottles, she comes running!

That is EXACTLY where we got the name! Too funny. Our poodle is not exactly an honors student either, but we sure do love her! :-)
Trusted Contributor

Oh, that's hilarious.......now I'm singing "Smelly cat, smelly cat"........

Honored Contributor

Sweetie888, thanks for letting us know that this kit is backSmiley Happy {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I happen to really like the Fall Apple Spice (FAS) scent but, even without the FAS CC and RTM, the WEN by Chaz Dean Cleanse & Style Collection (A239327) is a good value for $59.96. As has already been mentioned, it is the Wen Fall 2013 TSV -- from the Wen TSVs going back to December 2009 -- items in TSV kits and prices thread:

Sept 2013 - TSV (8/31) - WEN by ChazDean Cleanse & Treat Collection with Seasonal Scent -- 32 oz. CC, 16 oz. Seasonal CC, 2 oz. treatment oil, 2 oz. Seasonal RTM -- $60

It looks as though they changed the name of the kit because it's being sold as a stand alone option (i.e. there's no Seasonal A-D plan).

I'm kind of confused as to where this TSV stock came from because I think the TSV sold out that day. I don't believe it was available at the higher QVC regular price on the days after the TSV which sometimes happens when people cancel their initial TSV order. In any case, I'm glad that QVC is choosing to make this TSV available because they haven't done this in a few years: whatever happened to the overstock TSV A-D kits?

I think this is a great opportunity for new Wenners to try a TSV kit. Instead of purchasing a gallon of one particular scent, this kit gives you a good value on a several popular Wen products. And you get to try the 32oz. size of one of the core Cleansing Conditioners (CCs): wheat-based Sweet Almond Mint (SAM), Tea Tree (TT), Fig (FIG), Lavender (LAV), Cucumber Aloe (CA), or soy-based Pomegranate (POM).

If you don't like the idea of a mulled apple cider cleansing scent, then you may want to take a pass on this kit. But if you're just on the fence about FAS, then this kit may be worth a try. You can always gift the FAS CC & RTM to friends who like a mulled apple cider scentSmiley Happy

The kit gives you the opportunity to try one of the core Cleansing Conditioners (CCs), which are all wheat-based except for soy-based POM, as well as a soy-based Seasonal FAS CC. And there's only one S&H charge. Here's how the individual items in the kit cost out:

* 32oz. core Cleansing Conditioner -- $49.50

* 2oz. Treatment Oil (4oz. oil is $54) -- aprox. $27

* 16oz. FAS Cleansing Conditioner -- $29

* 2oz. FAS Replenishing Treatment Mist (6oz. RTM is $27) -- aprox. $9

If you just used the 32oz. CC and the 2oz. Treatment Oil, their combined price would be about $76.50 plus two S&H charges. This kit is $60 with only one S&H charge.

Below is the information for the original Fall 2013 TSV kit with the FAS scent (A239327). You can click on the link and read the customer reviews for it.

-- bebe Smile

--

A-D WEN by Chaz Dean Cleanse & Treat SeasonalAuto-Delivery Tea Tree

Item Price: $59.96 -- TSV Product Number: A239361

--

No Image Found --

--

Trusted Contributor
On 6/19/2014 jaxs mom said:
On 6/19/2014 untitled said:
On 6/19/2014 Treeinwind said:
On 6/19/2014 untitled said:
On 6/19/2014 chickenmoo said:
On 6/19/2014 ctinaw said:

I have to wonder how much FAS they are left sitting on. As "controversial" as the scent was, I have to say, I would not even try to sell it at this point as I'd be worried a new customer would receive it and be totally turned off to WEN forever because of it. I think I'd sooner destroy all bottles as "defective" and call it a tax write off. Seriously -

Jeeze, it's not *that bad*!lol (That did make me chuckle though lol)

I'm not super into the Fall Apple either, but if you mix it with fig, it does a nifty job at making your hair very very shiny and faintly apple smelling... And the rtm was a little strong for me, but did make the house smell lovely, so I'm pretty happy with this deal of the day Smiley Happy

Yeah really- I don't even get any of the 'problems' with scents. I can't even imagine saying anything Chaz creates smells bad. It is all about the essence of ingredients and how it works in your hair. I mean people are even saying the SHP smells bad. I just don't get it...

You might not be as sensitive as some people to certain scents. Initially I smelled FAS and thought I got it from a batch that was burnt or defective. It was that bad really. I gave it away to someone who liked it. Since you can't imagine saying anything Chaz creates smells bad let me explain. Ever spill sugar on a burner on your stove? That's how it smelt to me. And there is something faintly of the same scent in both the SOB and SHP and I don't like them either. There I said it again. I have never said it wasn't great on the hair but there are too many formulas that they make that smell great. I have a right to voice my opinion. This is a forum to discuss, lots of people like it and have said so. I love the scent of Fig and I have heard other people say they need a clothespin. Forums aren't too useful if you are only allowed to say positive things. Obviously the scent was horrible to a few of us.

o dear poor you. I think you took me too literally. Yes everyone has a right to a voice.

What's with the snark? Was "o dear poor you" really necessary?

well let's see- I guess it would be all open to interpretation. She used my words as a platform to preach to me some sort of self-righteous nonsense. Like I was saying the universal "you" and not the 'I' as in me. So I think her post was 'snarky'. What I treasure most is the right to 'voice'- so it was actually a bit ironic to me. Okay.

Super Contributor
On 6/19/2014 glitzandglam said:
On 6/19/2014 shrixer78 said:

I got ALL excited 'til I saw it comes with $%#$ FAS Smiley Sad

If they offered BGT as the core with a choice of past seasonals (I'm looking at you WVM!!!) I'd be ALL about it.

Can we please stop with the FAS hate? Everyone likes different things here. Some of us love this formula and are thrilled that Chaz is offering it again. If he keeps reading nasty comments, he might not.

So, if you don't like it, don't buy it, but it isn't necessary to rain on everyone else's parade.

Nothing would surprise me more than to see Chaz Dean read this forum, really. If you want him to know you like it, buy it! I won't be buying it. I will continue to rant about how much I didn't care for it whenever I feel like it and to RAVE about the great one as I feel. I would prefer a different scent and I am free to say so. If you don't like it please block me. I will not be edited unless QVC choices to do so, they have that right.

Super Contributor

Do I need to bring in the sheriff? Can we all play nice. Some people like and some people don't. Let's all respect each other and not read too much emotion into the words we are reading on the screen?