Esteemed Contributor
I would have jumped all over this kit if I didn't hoard so much FAS. This is a good opportunity for the newer Wengirls have may have missed it. I know many didn't enjoy FAS but I was one of those that not only loved the scent but the performance as well.
Respected Contributor

tree in the wind....

since you like FIG and you don't care for SOB and SHP.....

how do you feel about BGT? scent and what it does for your hair. BTW, what kind of hair do you have.

I'm only asking because I really like the Fig...scent and the moisturizing qualities (I even order another BL oto because I love the scent that much)...and I am finally get the BGT TSV but it has been sitting somewhere and hasn't shipped out yet. I don't really care for the scent of the SHP...never tried SOB nor FAS....but I had the Wen Pets...and that was maple scented and it was nauseating to me.

Thanks...and sorry if I offended anyone.

Frequent Contributor

FAS actually didn't bother me. It did at first and I thought it was awful but it kinda grew on me.

Occasional Contributor

Aside from the smell of FAS, how did the formula perform?

I'm still fairly new to WEN but this kit seems like a great deal for a lot of product. I think for just a 32oz core CC and oil this is a great price. I'm thinking about TT as my core choice but I'd like to know a little more about the performance of FAS. So far I've used POM and SOB and both seem to work pretty well with my hair (just past shoulders, medium in texture with strong waves that may be coaxed into curls) but did leave me a little frizzy which may be weather related.

Super Contributor
On 6/19/2014 shrixer78 said:

I got ALL excited 'til I saw it comes with $%#$ FAS Smiley Sad

If they offered BGT as the core with a choice of past seasonals (I'm looking at you WVM!!!) I'd be ALL about it.

Can we please stop with the FAS hate? Everyone likes different things here. Some of us love this formula and are thrilled that Chaz is offering it again. If he keeps reading nasty comments, he might not.

So, if you don't like it, don't buy it, but it isn't necessary to rain on everyone else's parade.

Super Contributor
On 6/19/2014 ctinaw said:

I have to wonder how much FAS they are left sitting on. As "controversial" as the scent was, I have to say, I would not even try to sell it at this point as I'd be worried a new customer would receive it and be totally turned off to WEN forever because of it. I think I'd sooner destroy all bottles as "defective" and call it a tax write off. Seriously -

Oh, come on. It was not "controversial" or "defective." Some people just didn't like it. That's unfortunate. But others really did, and find that it works great.

Frequent Contributor

@Shashie23, I didn't like the fragrance, but it performed a lot like SMC to me? But even more moisturizing? It was a really great formula actually. Can't hurt to try it.

Trusted Contributor

Weird, my post didn't show up and I'm unable to edit it...sorry shrixer78, I was trying to quote. I grabbed 3 in the TT, and while I wasn't in love with the fragrance of FAS, it did make my hair look wonderful. This kit won't be for everyone, and it's last year's TSV. Having said that, I LOVE TT. I also love the TT oil. The FAS (in my opinion) has strong scent, but the performance overrides the scent, for me. One of our posters (HappyDaze maybe?) who is very well versed in ingredients, pointed out the maple may be the beneficial ingredient here. The only product I'm not sure how to use is the RTM. I have not found a way that works for me yet, but I'm retrying all kinds of things, so who knows. If I cannot successfully incorporate the RTM into my routine, then I'll gift it. For anyone who uses the cores as staples, and the oils, this kit is a value. The FAS and FAS RTM, love it or not, is simply a bonus. I didn't get a gallon of anything this year for this reason; the good deals keep poppin' up. Smile

Valued Contributor
I really hope it's not a glitch!! I love FAS!!! It's my fave so far and this is a great deal!! I'm gonna try to order!
Love my Wen, Love my Animals! God Bless You All!
Trusted Contributor
On 6/19/2014 Shashie23 said:

Aside from the smell of FAS, how did the formula perform?

I'm still fairly new to WEN but this kit seems like a great deal for a lot of product. I think for just a 32oz core CC and oil this is a great price. I'm thinking about TT as my core choice but I'd like to know a little more about the performance of FAS. So far I've used POM and SOB and both seem to work pretty well with my hair (just past shoulders, medium in texture with strong waves that may be coaxed into curls) but did leave me a little frizzy which may be weather related.

First of all, I think a lot of the dislike for the smell stems from the fact that the previous fall seasonal, Fall Ginger Pumpkin, was a much loved, much adored formula; both for performance and fragrance. Regarding performance, for me personally, Fall Apple Spice was awesome! I can only use seasonals occasionally, but I really liked this formula, it cleansed well, rinsed easily, I had great volume and LOTS of shine from it (probably more than any other CC). I don't love the smell, but I can tolerate it. It is very strongly scented, heavy on the maple. It should have been named Fall Maple Syrup on top of Apple Pancakes, lol.

I like to use it with Tea Tree as my first cleanse, FAS as my second cleanse, FAS as my leave in, with TT styling cream. For me, the FAS smell lingered in my hair longer than any other CC, the TT balanced it out and made it more well-rounded, toned down the maple and enhanced the apple. My SO kept saying I smelled like apple pie.......in a good way.

This set is a great value, and Tea Tree is a great choice as a core CC, I'm debating ordering that for myself!