Valued Contributor

Forgive me if this has already been posted, but I couldn't find it in the first 3 pages of discussion. I got an email today saying the ingredients of Tatcha have been changed. I'm most confused about the adding of Rice powder. I thought it already had rice in it? Any insight on the other ingredients will be appreciated. Thanks.

Dear QVC Shopper,

We're writing to let you know about ingredient changes for the TATCHA Cleansing Oil & Polishing Enzyme Powder, Auto-Delivery item A234445, and for the TATCHA Luminous Deep Hydration Firming Serum 1oz., Auto-Delivery item A253469. The primary change to the TATCHA Enzyme Powder is that it was reformulated to remove the talc and now contains rice powder. The TATCHA Firming Serum was reformulated due to the unavailability of one of the ingredients. The specific ingredient changes for each item are listed below. Please know that you will continue to receive the same amount of product, and you can expect to enjoy the same level of product performance that you have previously experienced from these products.

TATCHA Classic Enzyme Powder:

• Ingredient removed: Talc
  • Ingredients added: Water, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Oryza Sative (Rice) Powder

TATCHA Luminous Deep Hydration Firming Serum:

• Ingredients removed: Sodium Bicarbonate, Butelyne Glycol
  • Ingredients added: Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA

Best regards,

Lisa Norden, VP Customer Service & Experience

Honored Contributor
I think that is really great that they notified you the ingredients changed and what exactly changed. So many companies change their formulas and never say a word (isomers is really bad about this). So kudos to them for their transparency. However, hopefully the new formulas work as well-or better-for those who love those products!
Regular Contributor

It is called Polishing RICE Enzyme Powder & is WRITTEN that way on the jar & is in the ingredient listing

SO THEN.......... WHAT was she selling before? Pitching Rice Powder BUT talc

ANYONE have a jar they can check?

NOW - they are taking OUT the talc WHICH isn't even in the ingredient listing

I would be MAJORLY upset had I purchased this item

I have USED a SUPER cleansing / exfioiating powder going back YEARS now - even when Tatcha presented theirs I thought WOW..... the one I have is FAR MORE superior to theirs

ALSO - I don't like when the Hosts state there is NOTHING like it anywhere when THIS product has been AROUND for MANY MANY years - SEE BELOW

It's by DERMALOGICA - daily micro exfoliant

Gentle, daily use exfoliating powder for all skin conditions.

Unique Rice-based powder formula activates upon contact with water, releasing Papain, Salicylic Acid and Rice Enzymes that micro-exfoliate dead cells, instantly leaving skin smoother and brighter. Our unique Skin Brightening Complex helps to balance uneven skin pigmentation while a super-soothing blend of Green Tea, Ginkgo and Colloidal Oatmeal helps to calm the skin, leaving it extraordinarily clear and refreshed. Gentle enough to use on a daily basis. Not recommended for users of medically-prescribed exfoliation products. Formulated without artificial fragrances and colors

INGREDIENTS: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Colloidal Oatmeal, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Allantoin, Papain, Salicylic Acid, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, PCA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Cyclodextrin, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Citric Acid, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) , Hexylene Glycol.

Honored Contributor
On 4/1/2015 JustWantBeautifulSkinn said:

It is called Polishing RICE Enzyme Powder & is WRITTEN that way on the jar & is in the ingredient listing

I have USED a SUPER cleansing / exfioiating powder going back YEARS now - even when Tatcha presented theirs I thought WOW..... the one I have is FAR MORE superior to theirs

ALSO - I don't like when the Hosts state there is NOTHING like it anywhere when THIS product has been AROUND for MANY MANY years - SEE BELOW

<h3 style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 18px; margin: 1em 0px; line-height: 28px; font-weight: normal; padding-bottom: 10px; color: #3e454c; font-family: HelveticaNeueW01-55Roma, Helvetica, sans-serif;"> Gentle, daily use exfoliating powder for all skin conditions. Unique Rice-based powder formula activates upon contact with water, releasing Papain, Salicylic Acid and Rice Enzymes that micro-exfoliate dead cells, instantly leaving skin smoother and brighter. Our unique Skin Brightening Complex helps to balance uneven skin pigmentation while a super-soothing blend of Green Tea, Ginkgo and Colloidal Oatmeal helps to calm the skin, leaving it extraordinarily clear and refreshed. Gentle enough to use on a daily basis. Not recommended for users of medically-prescribed exfoliation products. Formulated without artificial fragrances and colors.</h3> <h4 style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 18px; margin: 0px 0px 10px; line-height: 22px; font-weight: normal; font-family: HelveticaNeueW01-45Ligh, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #3e454c;"> ingredients</h4>

Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Colloidal Oatmeal, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Allantoin, Papain, Salicylic Acid, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, PCA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Cyclodextrin, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Citric Acid, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) , Hexylene Glycol.

Talc WAS an ingredient listed in the rice powder. Not sure why you said it wasn't. I have a sample from way back when with the ingredients.
Regular Contributor
On 4/1/2015 HappyDaze said:

<h3 style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 18px; margin: 1em 0px; line-height: 28px; font-weight: normal; padding-bottom: 10px; color: #3e454c; font-family: HelveticaNeueW01-55Roma, Helvetica, sans-serif;"> Gentle, daily use exfoliating powder for all skin conditions. Unique Rice-based powder formula activates upon contact with water, releasing Papain, Salicylic Acid and Rice Enzymes that micro-exfoliate dead cells, instantly leaving skin smoother and brighter. Our unique Skin Brightening Complex helps to balance uneven skin pigmentation while a super-soothing blend of Green Tea, Ginkgo and Colloidal Oatmealhelps to calm the skin, leaving it extraordinarily clear and refreshed. Gentle enough to use on a daily basis. Not recommended for users of medically-prescribed exfoliation products. Formulated without artificial fragrances and colors.</h3> <h4 style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 18px; margin: 0px 0px 10px; line-height: 22px; font-weight: normal; font-family: HelveticaNeueW01-45Ligh, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #3e454c;"> ingredients</h4> <p style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 20px; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px; color: #3e454c; font-family: HelveticaNeueW01-55Roma, Helvetica, sans-serif;"> Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Colloidal Oatmeal, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Allantoin, Papain, Salicylic Acid, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, PCA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Cyclodextrin, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Citric Acid, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) , Hexylene Glycol.

Talc WAS an ingredient listed in the rice powder. Not sure why you said it wasn't. I have a sample from way back when with the ingredients.

Hi - I checked the ingredient listing on line LOL

BUT - even so, WHY was she saying it contained Rice Powder AND WHY would it be called & labeled RICE enzyme powder IF there ISN'T any in it

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Valued Contributor

I just checked the ingredients. It has Rice bran as well. I think they just took out the talc and put rice powder instead. But still has rice bran in the before and after.

Regular Contributor
On 4/1/2015 Ruby Woo said:

I just checked the ingredients. It has Rice bran as well. I think they just took out the talc and put rice powder instead. But still has rice bran in the before and after.

AHHHHHHHHHH - totally different. So she had both & she removed the talc

their emailed notice SEE BELOW for the Enzyme Powder change SAYS: reformulated to REMOVE talc AND NOW contains rice powder -

Making it sound as though there wasn't any in there at all

The primary change to the TATCHA Enzyme Powder is that it was reformulated to remove the talc and now contains rice powder.

Honored Contributor
On 4/1/2015 Ruby Woo said:

AHHHHHHHHHH - totally different. So she had both & she removed the talc

their emailed notice SEE BELOW for the Enzyme Powder change SAYS: reformulated to REMOVE talc AND NOW contains rice powder -

Making it sound as though there wasn't any in there at all

The primary change to the TATCHA Enzyme Powder is that it was reformulated to remove the talc and now contains rice powder.

yeah, that was kind of confusing how they worded it!

Super Contributor

I think there's a bit of confusion over wording here. The product is called a "rice enzyme powder." This does not mean it is, or contains, rice powder (though it now does); it means it's a powder that has rice enzymes (proteins) in it. It did always have talc, which I'm glad they removed. It also has rice bran, as mentioned above. That, in combination with the enzymes, qualifies it as a rice-based powder, not rice powder, which is something different. I hope that helps! I may give Tatcha a try again, now that the powder is talc free! Thanks for sharing, OP!

Honored Contributor

Gentle, daily use exfoliating powder for all skin conditions.

Unique Rice-based powder formula activates upon contact with water, releasing Papain, Salicylic Acid and Rice Enzymes that micro-exfoliate dead cells, instantly leaving skin smoother and brighter. Our unique Skin Brightening Complex helps to balance uneven skin pigmentation while a super-soothing blend of Green Tea, Ginkgo and Colloidal Oatmeal helps to calm the skin, leaving it extraordinarily clear and refreshed. Gentle enough to use on a daily basis. Not recommended for users of medically-prescribed exfoliation products. Formulated without artificial fragrances and colors

INGREDIENTS: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Colloidal Oatmeal, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Allantoin, Papain, Salicylic Acid, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, PCA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Cyclodextrin, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Citric Acid, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) , Hexylene Glycol.

JWBS - Thanks for mentioning this product. Lately, I've been using Eminence Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant to exfoliate in the morning. After touting the Fleur de Lis Rice & Papaya Enzyme Powder for a long time, I'm finding I like the Eminence much more. It has some of the same ingredients as what's in the Dermalogica product you like. I'm happy I discovered the Eminence product again (I used it years ago and forgot about it), it's only about $30 on Amazon Prime for 4.2 oz. Is the Dermlogica exfoliant a little gritty/grainy or is it finely ground down to just a powder?

As for Tatcha, it's likely a good thing that the talc was removed since it can be an irritant, but changing the ancient secret recipe kind of spoils Vicki's shtick now, doesn't it?