Regular Contributor
On 4/2/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:
On 4/1/2015 JustWantBeautifulSkinn said:

It is called Polishing RICE Enzyme Powder & is WRITTEN that way on the jar & is in the ingredient listing

SO THEN.......... WHAT was she selling before? Pitching Rice Powder BUT talc

ANYONE have a jar they can check?

NOW - they are taking OUT the talc WHICH isn't even in the ingredient listing

I would be MAJORLY upset had I purchased this item

I have USED a SUPER cleansing / exfioiating powder going back YEARS now - even when Tatcha presented theirs I thought WOW..... the one I have is FAR MORE superior to theirs

ALSO - I don't like when the Hosts state there is NOTHING like it anywhere when THIS product has been AROUND for MANY MANY years - SEE BELOW

It's by DERMALOGICA - daily micro exfoliant

Gentle, daily use exfoliating powder for all skin conditions.

Unique Rice-based powder formula activates upon contact with water, releasing Papain, Salicylic Acid and Rice Enzymes that micro-exfoliate dead cells, instantly leaving skin smoother and brighter. Our unique Skin Brightening Complex helps to balance uneven skin pigmentation while a super-soothing blend of Green Tea, Ginkgo and Colloidal Oatmeal helps to calm the skin, leaving it extraordinarily clear and refreshed. Gentle enough to use on a daily basis. Not recommended for users of medically-prescribed exfoliation products. Formulated without artificial fragrances and colors

INGREDIENTS: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Colloidal Oatmeal, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Allantoin, Papain, Salicylic Acid, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, PCA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Cyclodextrin, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Citric Acid, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) , Hexylene Glycol.

JWBS - Thanks for mentioning this product. Lately, I've been using Eminence Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant to exfoliate in the morning. After touting the Fleur de Lis Rice & Papaya Enzyme Powder for a long time, I'm finding I like the Eminence much more. It has some of the same ingredients as what's in the Dermalogica product you like. I'm happy I discovered the Eminence product again (I used it years ago and forgot about it), it's only about $30 on Amazon Prime for 4.2 oz. Is the Dermlogica exfoliant a little gritty/grainy or is it finely ground down to just a powder?

As for Tatcha, it's likely a good thing that the talc was removed since it can be an irritant, but changing the ancient secret recipe kind of spoils Vicki's shtick now, doesn't it?

Dermalogica is a powder.... no sandy or other grit - when you pour it out, it is powder BUT not like Baby Powder - add water to activate it - it is creamy smooth SUPER nice

I am going to look at the one you buy too - Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I am so glad they removed the talc!That can dfeinitely be an irritant. I do not use powders with talc either.......Love Tatcha!

Honored Contributor
On 4/2/2015 JustWantBeautifulSkinn said:
On 4/2/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:
On 4/1/2015 JustWantBeautifulSkinn said:

It is called Polishing RICE Enzyme Powder & is WRITTEN that way on the jar & is in the ingredient listing

SO THEN.......... WHAT was she selling before? Pitching Rice Powder BUT talc

ANYONE have a jar they can check?

NOW - they are taking OUT the talc WHICH isn't even in the ingredient listing

I would be MAJORLY upset had I purchased this item

I have USED a SUPER cleansing / exfioiating powder going back YEARS now - even when Tatcha presented theirs I thought WOW..... the one I have is FAR MORE superior to theirs

ALSO - I don't like when the Hosts state there is NOTHING like it anywhere when THIS product has been AROUND for MANY MANY years - SEE BELOW

It's by DERMALOGICA - daily micro exfoliant

Gentle, daily use exfoliating powder for all skin conditions.

Unique Rice-based powder formula activates upon contact with water, releasing Papain, Salicylic Acid and Rice Enzymes that micro-exfoliate dead cells, instantly leaving skin smoother and brighter. Our unique Skin Brightening Complex helps to balance uneven skin pigmentation while a super-soothing blend of Green Tea, Ginkgo and Colloidal Oatmeal helps to calm the skin, leaving it extraordinarily clear and refreshed. Gentle enough to use on a daily basis. Not recommended for users of medically-prescribed exfoliation products. Formulated without artificial fragrances and colors

INGREDIENTS: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Colloidal Oatmeal, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Allantoin, Papain, Salicylic Acid, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, PCA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Cyclodextrin, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Citric Acid, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) , Hexylene Glycol.

JWBS - Thanks for mentioning this product. Lately, I've been using Eminence Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant to exfoliate in the morning. After touting the Fleur de Lis Rice & Papaya Enzyme Powder for a long time, I'm finding I like the Eminence much more. It has some of the same ingredients as what's in the Dermalogica product you like. I'm happy I discovered the Eminence product again (I used it years ago and forgot about it), it's only about $30 on Amazon Prime for 4.2 oz. Is the Dermlogica exfoliant a little gritty/grainy or is it finely ground down to just a powder?

As for Tatcha, it's likely a good thing that the talc was removed since it can be an irritant, but changing the ancient secret recipe kind of spoils Vicki's shtick now, doesn't it?

Dermalogica is a powder.... no sandy or other grit - when you pour it out, it is powder BUT not like Baby Powder - add water to activate it - it is creamy smooth SUPER nice

I am going to look at the one you buy too - Smiley Happy

Thanks a bunch. Just so you know, the Eminence Dermafoliant is gritty, but you can thin it out to your preference depending on how much water you add. Even though it isn't smooth like yours, the gritty part is not big or sharp as it is in the drugstore kind with the ground up apricot pits.

Honored Contributor
On 4/1/2015 HappyDaze said: I think that is really great that they notified you the ingredients changed and what exactly changed. So many companies change their formulas and never say a word (isomers is really bad about this). So kudos to them for their transparency. However, hopefully the new formulas work as well-or better-for those who love those products!

Well said! I think the removal of talc, an irritant for many, should make for a better product. I know I couldn't use the product more than twice a month before without getting irritated skin and dryness. I switched to another brand which is very similar, but does not contain talc. The other brand works really well for me. Maybe I'll get a sample of the Tatcha without and see if it works for me. (But I'll stick with the other brand, as it costs less! Nude Skincare Detox Brightening Fizzy Powder Wash.)

Super Contributor

I applaud Tatcha for reformulating and removing possible irritants from their products. I also appreciate the communication about the changes.

I love how Tatcha offers the wide variety of travel size products as well. I just wish some of the other high end companies would follow suit.

Esteemed Contributor

Well then, so much for the selling point of the "original recipe" of the Geishas!

Honored Contributor
On 4/3/2015 Harpa said:

Well then, so much for the selling point of the "original recipe" of the Geishas!

Exactly the point I was trying to make in an earlier post, Harpa. SMH.

Esteemed Contributor
On 4/3/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:
On 4/3/2015 Harpa said:

Sorry, JeanLF, I did not see what you wrote.

Are you still using the Fleur de lis rice powder?

Trusted Contributor
On 4/3/2015 Harpa said:

And worth stating again. They took out the sodium bicarbonate in the serum? Y'all know this is baking soda - 16 oz. for about $2 from Arm & Hammer. How true can the story line behind this line be? $60.00 for talc or baking soda is a bit much.

Honored Contributor
On 4/3/2015 Harpa said:
On 4/3/2015 Harpa said:

Sorry, JeanLF, I did not see what you wrote.

Are you still using the Fleur de lis rice powder?

No, no, you don't need to be sorry for anything. I was just thinking GMTA! LOL

I've moved on from the Fleur de Lis. Right now I'm using Eminence Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant. When I'm close to running out I want to order the Dermlogica Microfoliant and give that a try.