Honored Contributor

wow slight of hand policy although perhaps it is to discourage more returns since now you have to pay for returns and pay for the original shipping. I think they want people to be a bit more picky on what the purchase in the first place. So for someone like me that only really buys if I am really sure I want it and hardly ever returns anytying, it will probably work out for the better.

Honored Contributor

I just got the email and read it through. Finally I understand what's going on for me.

I think I'll profit because I almost never return anything except when it's defective or they sent the wrong item. Since I order very little clothing, the whole fit issue isn't my thing. Also, I've finally conquered any impulse buying I was guilty of when TV shopping was a newer thing.

I don't even care about no multiple item discounts because when I looked back through my order status for the last 18 months, I didn't save a single cent that way!

One of the good things about the new policy is that I think it will curb shoppers who order three of something to see which color they like and then expect the rest of us to pay more for our purchases to make up for QVC's assuming the original shipping for perfectly good merchandise! Makes no sense to me that companies should do that. Shop locally if you're indecisive or agree to pay your own way.

As for all the threats to go elsewhere? Everyday I'm noticing other companies slowly upping their shipping or decreasing their quality. Not sure how successful the move will be - although I certainly remember the years when I had no choice but to settle for "almost" because "exactly" was not in my wallet.

Honored Contributor

Never thought I would see this. Thanks, QVC. I might be ordering more often.

Esteemed Contributor

Sounded like a nasty e-mail to me. Are they doing us a favor letting us buy from them?

They give one thing and take away another ,so it's a no show for me.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Honored Contributor

I like the new policy, I'm sure they are hoping it cuts down on all the returns they get. I wonder how many hundreds of people buy clothing for an event or beauty products to use for awhile and then send back.

Valued Contributor

I thank QVC for this, and I may be ordering more now. The shipping
has been a deal breaker for me for years now. I rarely send anything back,
as I'm very careful when I order..

I can't really blame them, there are a lot of people who send things back
way too often..

Thanks QVC, I for one, really appreciate this...

That's how we roll in the shire..
Esteemed Contributor
On 2/2/2015 Daysdee said:
On 2/2/2015 millieshops said:
On 2/2/2015 12andcounting said:

Not a fan of QVC no longer refunding original S&H. While I don't return a great deal, this is definitely going to make me think twice before ordering much from them going forward.

Is this what they said? I thought it was exactly the opposite.

Unless the item is defective or in some way QVC's error, original shipping cost will not be returned. I see items like Temptations (which are very heavy) still have regular shipping costs which can run up to almost $20. or maybe more. I also notice in the last week or so a lot of items have gone up in price $4.00 or more.

Bingo--I think we have a winner! Others have posted recently how the prices have been increasing this past month, and this is why. This is just slight of hand tactics and the Qs way to make up the difference. Remember when they included s/h in the price of all food items?! Prices were increased to cover the "free" s/h.

So much for their new slogan, "Love it or return it". {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Frequent Contributor

The other problem I see with the new S/H prices is the $3.00 per beauty item. If you are just ordering one item, that is not a problem. But let's say, you want to order 5 items. S/H would be $15.00. At Sephora or Ulta or Nordstrom and most beauty websites, you would get free shipping or at least free shipping over a certain dollar amount. I don't know why QVC can't do something like this.

Respected Contributor

I definitely will be purchasing much less from QVC since they are no longer returning original shipping. My credit card statement and closet space will thank you! I have found that 95% of what I have sent back is because it does not fit Not my fault but very inconsistent sizing at QVC. For example, just this month I purchased an Isaac jacket in two colors. Love them; however, one fit and the other did not. Same item, different colors. This is common to the three lines I purchase - Isaac, Susan Graver and Denim & Co. In Susan Graver I'm always on the fence whether or order small or medium as her line seems to have gotten smaller - again not me as previous years smalls all still work and I have many. Same way with Susan Graver pants. When they fit, I love them and I have tons; however, many times they do not fit in my usual size.

The size chart also does not really help as it is not correct. And the other thing I have found is that items are decreasing in quality. Some items I have purchased in previous years that come back again are not the same quality as previous purchases. Before penalizing its customers, QVC needs to clean up its act - advertising sizing consistency and quality - be sure it is true before advertising.

Many sites I order from offer free shipping. Several offer free shipping both ways. Others offer free shipping on minimum order of $50 or $75 so the $3.00 shipping charge change at QVC is not really a big deal when you take away return shipping.

Trusted Contributor

Shophq has never refunded original S&H which is why I almost never order from them unless the original S&H is free.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.