Occasional Contributor

New Guthy-Renker line, LumiPearl

Hawked by Angie Harmon, Guthy-Renker is airing info-mercials for a new skin care line based on pearl proforma. It's their priciest yet at $79.00/month. I can't locate any early reviews. Has anyone heard anything about it?
Occasional Contributor

Re: New Guthy-Renker line, LumiPearl

Grr, should be "pearl proteins"...
Respected Contributor

I wouldn't buy anything GR sells. It is a scam and people have trouble getting out of the auto delivery. Just google GR.

BTW, I am set up to get emails from It Cosmetics...Jamie's site and not the GR hawking of It Cosmetics. Yesterday, I received such and email and I opted out of the subscriptions.

I know that I never signed up for GR so it annoys me that It Cosmetics will hand over email addresses to GR.  Interesting this never happened before the sale of the It Cosmetics line. Obviously, Jamie makes more money from the GR relationship.

Tacky, very tacky, Jamie Kern.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gee, is Angie Harmon the new GR pitch girl?  Doesn't she do the WEN infomercial too?

I don't know anything about this specific line but crushed pearl powder is very good for you and your skin.  You can look it up online and find that it is very popular in the oriental culture and goes back to ancient times.  Some people take it internally, but you can also make it into a paste, to use as a mask, mix a little into a serum, or as a cosmetic powder.  You want to be sure to get one that's finely milled if you're going to use it as a powder.  With consistent use, pearl powder fades redness and dark spots, aids in brightness, and even has some healing properties.  A couple of years ago, I was using it as a powder and liked it very much.  Then I set it aside for some reason and ended up forgetting about it.  I came across my powder last week and it occured to me that I should get back to using it again.  

Honored Contributor

Even if any product with G-R would make me look 20 years younger, I would not purchase from them.  It's like selling your soul to the devil!!!  

Occasional Contributor

Agree that G-R has gone downhill since it's early days. Usually after a line has been around for a bit you can pick up individual items on Amazon or ebay, though, so if you like one of their lines or products you can shop that way. I've heard good things about pearl proteins, too, so perhaps I'll wait 'til some reviews come out and then see what I can find from third party sellers. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have never had a problem canceling with GR, but then again it has been years and years since I've ordered from them.  In the past QVC has carried their products so hopefully this is one they will bring.

Honored Contributor

Didn't that line with Anson Williams(Potsie) and the blond woman who was the makeup artist for Baywatch make some skin treatments with pearl? I can't remember the name of the skincare line, but it was sold on QVC, and then it was gone, then I think I remember seeing it on HSN or Evine, can't remember, but I do remember the prices were very good.......Wonder what happened to them? 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Didn't that line with Anson Williams(Potsie) and the blond woman who was the makeup artist for Baywatch make some skin treatments with pearl? I can't remember the name of the skincare line, but it was sold on QVC, and then it was gone, then I think I remember seeing it on HSN or Evine, can't remember, but I do remember the prices were very good.......Wonder what happened to them? 

I remember that stuff, but not the name...I bought it once, didn't do a thing

Honored Contributor

I just checked both web sites, and his name doesn't pull up anything. They probably weren't selling enough for QVC and HSN........Just googled it and they wre called Starmaker......That doesn't even sound familiar to me......