Valued Contributor

Nervous first time Wen user.........

After reading a thread yesterday where some talked about losing clumps of hair I was really wondered if I should use Wen. My order came yesterday and I decided to go ahead and try.

I was also concerned that I would have a big oily mess or really flat hair when I dried it. Neither happened. I did the two applications and rinsed and rinsed. My hair is silky soft and not at all without body. I have a medium length bob type hair cut and if I don't have body it look awful. Now if I can get past the fear of hair loss I think I'm going to like Wen.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nervous first time Wen user.........

Nadine, I'm glad it worked for you!

The internet is a good source of a lot of misinformation. I'm sorry that made you nervous. Wen is an outstanding product!

Which formula did you use?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Valued Contributor

One thing I've learned is to never base your decisions off of others perceptions.

Valued Contributor

I got a duo, Sweet Almond Mint which is the one I used today and the other one is Pomegranate.

I"ve held off ordering forever and just finally had to do it. I'm thinking washing my hair once a week with regular shampoo would be a good idea. Do you guys do that or just use Wen?

Regular Contributor

Hi Nadine. I'm glad you decided to give it a try and got good results. I too started with Sweet Almond Mint, three years ago. Though there's different schools of thought once you start using a cleansing conditioner, I personally don't see any harm in using a regular shampoo once a week. I let my hair stylist use a different sulfate-free poo on me. I don't think it's undone any of the positive benefits I have gotten from WEN.

Also, as long as you don't have any sensitivities to ingredients (doesn't sound like you do) I think it's a good idea to even switch up formulas within the WEN line. I used Pomegranate and seasonals for the last couple of years and my hair got protein overload (started to frizz). It's fun to switch between the scents of the soy, wheat or rice based cleansers anyway. Enjoy!

Super Contributor

Hi Nadine! I've been using Wen for at least 5 years now with good results and have at least 10 of my family and friends who now use Wen--none have any issues with hair loss. Like any product, some people may have allergy/sensitivity issues. As far as using shampoo once a week, I don't think it's necessary. The only time I use shampoo is when I get my hair cut.

Super Contributor

i m glad it worked for u .

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/5/2014 Nadine said:

I got a duo, Sweet Almond Mint which is the one I used today and the other one is Pomegranate.

I"ve held off ordering forever and just finally had to do it. I'm thinking washing my hair once a week with regular shampoo would be a good idea. Do you guys do that or just use Wen?

My plan is to shampoo twice a year. A little while ago, my hair went bonkers after using Wen successfully for close to a year. I don't know why. I shampooed and things were right again.

Some people shampoo frequently and use Wen as a conditioner; others are solely Wen. Some fall somewhere in between.

See what works for your hair!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

On 9/5/2014 Nadine said:

You can do what you want, but you aren't giving WEN a fair try if you continue to use shampoo. At least try using WEN only for a couple of weeks. I've used WEN over 8 years exclusively, no shampoo, not even for haircuts. My hair is the best it's been my entire life.

You've taken the plunge and bought WEN - give it a fair try.

Valued Contributor

This might crazy but I was concerned that the hair follicles might get clogged or something using just conditioner. I told you it would sound crazy, Smiley Happy