Regular Contributor

Need help with dry scaly eyelids and under eye skin.

I occasionally get very dry skin on my upper eyelids and just below my lower lash line. It makes my concealer very cakey looking & my upper eyelid sometimes even cracks. Is there any product that will help this??

Honored Contributor

Re: Need help with dry scaly eyelids and under eye skin.

1) Use a humidifier in your house, if you don't have one already.

2) Discontinue makeup and let the skin heal.

If you haven't seen a doctor yet, you might want to see an opthamologist, who will be able to give you ointments/creams that can be used around the eye area to calm down the inflammation.

Honored Contributor

Have you ruled out an allergy? Mascara, liner, foundation, cleanser, even than concealer?

Occasional Contributor

I get this from time to time and asked my dermatologist. She gave me samples of a cream called locoid and it cleared right up!
Respected Contributor

I get this from time to time, mostly in the winter, and per my dermatologist I use a very light touch of Eucerin Aquaphor, pat it in for overnight (more then) and for day I let it sit for awhile then dab off any excess with a tissue and continue with my usual eye cream and makeup. It really works.

Another gentle moisturizer is Norwegian formula hand cream by Neutrogena in the unscented formulation. It's thick too, so use a tiny amount and it does wonders, especially overnight, but also in the day as it is not oily.

Good luck! Mine is usually from an allergy to a product, especially eye shadows, mascara, liners, even concealers.

Honored Contributor

Isomers sells a product on Shop Hq that's an eye peel, but it's very gentle, they also have excellent eye treatments. Stem Gensis Plasma 200 is very good.

Occasional Contributor

It sounds like Blepharitis (please google it to make sure) and was instructed by the doctor to wash her eyes with baby shampoo. It really worked! Good luck!

Frequent Contributor

I was having a similar problem and changed my laundry detergent to ALL free and gentle. I had been using Tide free but it along with most detergents contains enzymes. They were the culprit for me. The ALL free does not contain enzymes. Everything cleared up once i switched. So, something to keep in mind if you keep having problems. Nail polish is also often a common cause of this type of problem, so if you wear polish try taking it off and seeing if it clears up. Good luck!!
Regular Contributor

Thanks ladies for all of your suggestions. I appreciate them all!

Honored Contributor

I have been using Marula oil for some time now -- a year or so and it definitely is great for dry skin. It has balanced my skin out so I am never dry and I am only using once a day. You can use as much as you like that this my regime. I buy my oil from acure Organics.

kindness is strength