Contributor

Hello ladies (or guys) of QVC!  I have been away from the forums for quite some time due to excessive temptation to spend money I don't have!!  And, a while back, I did ask one of these questions already, but maybe something new has come out, or a new forum member could help.  I am looking for something for "crepey" lines, that I have SO SEVERELY after losing 125 lbs.  The extra flab I have given up on...have tried some firming products, no good.  The lines are the worst under my arms, so bad that I won't wear sleeveless tops Smiley Sad

Any ideas and I would be eternally grateful.  I may be 57, but I don't think of it as vanity, it's more like pride in what I've accomplished....so far.

Happy Fall.....Cassie

Honored Contributor

Re: Need help from the experts!

[ Edited ]

N!P & Tuck

Congrats on your weight loss.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Gold Bond Ultimate Rough & Bumpy will help with skin texture.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My guess the lines under your arms are stretch marks.  There is no way to make them go away unless you remove the skin.  They are very common among people who have lost a lot of weight.

I would suggest you just wear clothing to cover them up, or say the heck with it and wear what you want.

We have a large screen TV with a clear picture.  I noticed a QVC model who has lost weight and she has these same lines on her upper arms. She is still a model and she is still beautiful.  Lines are part of being human and nothing to be embarassed about. You might want to embrace them.

Congratulations on your weight loss,

Honored Contributor

OP---What a fantastic thing you done, losing that weight!! Congrats!! I'm sure it was tough. Do you have more to lose?  I agree that there is nothing topical that can tighten up loose skin. Have you seen a plastic surgeon about what the procedure would be? You deserve to feel as great about your new body as you can. I know it would be very pricey and not sure ins would cover it. Those would be things you would have to research. And having just gone thru surgery myself in the last 2 weeks, it is an ordeal. But find out as much as you can. I went to a plactic surgeon about reconstruction for breast cancer and it was way more than I thought I could go thru. But I did find out alot of info. Ask if a consultation fee would be charged; sometimes they are free altho the appt prob would cost. But worth it for me. Good luck and once agin---BRAVO!!!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations on the weight loss! 

I like and have had decent results with the following products:

First Aid Ultra REpair cream

Josie Maran's body butter or honey Divine butter

Dr. Denese Hyrdroshield serum...it works very well on crappiness.

Honored Contributor

@CJ111 I'm 64 and our son has had me lifting weights to keep in shape.

You start with very little and build up. Even start with two large cans.

Of course, it won't get rid of everything but I think as we age, it is good to do what we can to stay limber.

Respected Contributor

@CJ111 wrote:

Hello ladies (or guys) of QVC!  I have been away from the forums for quite some time due to excessive temptation to spend money I don't have!!  And, a while back, I did ask one of these questions already, but maybe something new has come out, or a new forum member could help.  I am looking for something for "crepey" lines, that I have SO SEVERELY after losing 125 lbs.  The extra flab I have given up on...have tried some firming products, no good.  The lines are the worst under my arms, so bad that I won't wear sleeveless tops Smiley Sad

Any ideas and I would be eternally grateful.  I may be 57, but I don't think of it as vanity, it's more like pride in what I've accomplished....so far.

Happy Fall.....Cassie

Great for you @CJ111  I don't know if this would be an "add on help" to other things, but I have used Susan Lucci's pilates chair, (now sold here on the Q)  I have had mine for many years, I do it faithfully everyday, my under arm skin is awsome...(I know you said you have extra) but I think it would still help alot..She has exercise guides, CD's, the chair is very portable, but I leave mine up always...to me it's like having a gym in my house as there are so many ways to use it...Smiley Happy....oh I also use Josie Maran body butter on my arms everday and especially the underneath side...good luck..

(and I am a Grammy..Smiley Happy

Contributor

Hi, and thank you so much for the input.  I'm willing to try anything at this point!!!  It was very kind of you to respond.

Contributor

Thank you so much for the kind words.  I'm really about 7 lbs. under my goal weight, but the irony is if I could snap my fingers and have all the extra flab (sorry, it's an ugly word) and extra skin instantly removed, I'm betting it would had up to another at least 20 lbs.  That's how much there is.  Insurance will cover NO part of any procedure I have in this department, and sadly out of pocket is out of the question.  So. as one kind writer wrote me, maybe I should embrace what I have.  I will never, ever be able to do that, but I guess acceptance will be the closest thing.  I still would have had the surgery, but I do wish someone had told me about the "leftovers".  I would have been at least prepared.  I had NO idea this would happen.  Good riddance to the 134 lbs., that I've lost, but I guess nothing is perfect.  Thank you again "wagirl" for the post.  It's appreciated.

Cassie