Trusted Contributor

Re: Need Foundation Suggestions

@Shanus wrote:

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

As usual I recommend Bobbi Brown foundation....particularly the foundation stick. It's handy, portable, buildable coverage, too many shades to mention and looks like a second skin.

In winter, my skin gets dry as well. This stick foundation is emollient enough for winter and not oily so I can wear it in summer. For extra coverage and moisture, you can wear it over BB Tinted Moisturizer. 

@Shanus  I was curious about the foundation stick...went to the website and looked.  Oh la la.  So many choices.  I'm kind of overwhelmed.  I sent the link to my sister for help with selecting a shade.  I had a Lancome foundation stick that I adored, but they seemed to have changed the formula.  Thank You for your post.

@Misplaced Parisian   If you'd like an ideal match, try to get to a BB counter. If foundation is "off", nothing else will come together. 🌺

@Shanus Merci.  I'm trying to find a BB counter in my area.  Although, I did put the challenge out to my magpie sister.  Giggles.  I hope the world is treating you gently.

Honored Contributor

@Misplaced Parisian   It is a challenge with so many choices, but that's much better than choosing Light, Medium or Dark. Lol

Honored Contributor

If you like a medium to full coverage you might want to try Even Better by Clinique. It is quite moisturizing for the winter.  In the summer, however, it might be too moisturizing for more oily skin types.  I don't have dry patches so not sure how it would react with that.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with @Travone -- you might try a primer.  I also use and highly recommend the Mally Neutralizing primer and sometimes wear it alone.      I have oily skin that tends to get dry in the cold winter months (January!).  Mally Neutralizing Primer and CoverGirl AquaSmooth compact foundation work perfectly for me no matter what the weather.  AquaSmooth is buildable - you can brush on a very thin coat, or a thick coat or 2, depending on what your complexion needs at the time.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Regular Contributor

Thanks all! I do have a Bare Minerals primer somewhere. But great suggestions for foundation and the Mally primer - I will check them out. 

Super Contributor

@Misplaced Parisian  Sephora carries Bobbi Brown, too. While there, you might want to look at Sephora’s Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation.85DF17CE-DDE1-42DF-A71D-96C965B04DDC.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

@cantdrive55  THANK YOU!  I do have a Sephora.  Completely slipped my mind.  And many thanks for the recommendation.  I greatly appreciate it.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@dal23   I recently purchased Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Soft Matte Hydra foundation.  24 hr. makeup that is oil free, resistant to sweat, water, weather changes.  #5658585 @ Nordstrom.

I like it very much.  I wanted a foundation that was resistant to sweat/water.  It comes in a tube and you don't need a lot for good coverage.  A lot of shades to choose from.

I had not worn Double Wear in a very long time. I'm now living in a hot and humid climate so I visited the EL counter. As I was purchasing, the EL rep said "we all wear Lancome!"