Contributor

I've been using the Skinn Plasma Fusion Finishing Powder for quite some time and like it. However, it's been out of stock for quite a while and I need something new to try. Went the cheapo route and bought Revlon, but it's not like the finishing powder and seems too light. Any suggestions?  I've tried the Mally poreless face defender, but prefer a powder. 

Respected Contributor

Trish McEvoy translucent powder.  I buy mine on HSN with free shipping.  They sell the refill and you will need to buy the compact.  Sometimes she has a special where you receive the compact with the refill.  It just blends and air brushes my makeup so well without a white cast.

Honored Contributor

Am loving BB ILLUMINATING FINISHING POWDER. Always hated that "powdered" look, but this one comes in many shades, very lightweight & w/ a bit of shine, very subtle. It's so sheer I use under my eyes to set concealer, too. Gave up on the "white setting powders"....dulled the dewey look that is so natural.

Respected Contributor

You did not mention if you are oily or dry and your age range. Let me give a recommendation for dry skin and mature skin. IT Bye Bye Pressed is wonderful. It sells for $38 with the brush but after that you can get without the brush for I think $24. Ulta and the Q both carry it. I believe Sephora may even have this powder now too. It doesn't dry out the skin nor settle in any lines.

Honored Contributor

I have been using MAC finishing powder. It is fabulous. I have very dry skin and am 62 with few lines /wrinkles. It doesn't settle in those lovely things, and is translucent. Use it all the time, over makeup or just bare skin. The only one I actually use up.

Honored Contributor

@Redboots wrote:

I've been using the Skinn Plasma Fusion Finishing Powder for quite some time and like it. However, it's been out of stock for quite a while and I need something new to try. Went the cheapo route and bought Revlon, but it's not like the finishing powder and seems too light. Any suggestions?  I've tried the Mally poreless face defender, but prefer a powder. 

@Redboots Are you referring to the Plasma Fusion Veil?  If you're OK with a loose finishing powder, check out RCMA Colorless Powder.  It's recommended by Wayne Goss, is really inexpensive, and works great.  It's something like $12 for a big jar.

Contributor

I'm 64 with oily skin. More concerned with makeup settling in my pores, as years of oily skin does enlarge them. I don't have an issue with wrinkles, thanks to the oily skin. 

Honored Contributor
RCMA no color powder
Honored Contributor

Laura Mercier.  Either the translucent or her setting powder.  Loose and compact are both very nice.  She should be having a 20% offer before the holidays so watch out for it and get on her email list.  I use her tinted moisturizer (best that I have ever used), lipsticks, powders, fragrance.  Good luck in your search.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Paula's Choice Resist Flawless Finish Pressed Powder.