Super Contributor

Neck acne - anyone dealt with this?

Well, maybe acne isn't the right description. Over the last few months, I've been dealing with cyst-like bumps that form under the skin on my neck. They become huge and often inflamed, but they never break the skin or come to a head. I've never dealt with acne or anything like this on my neck before (even as a teen). Is there anyone with experience that might be able to recommend a product (drugstore or high-end) that has worked for them?

Respected Contributor

Re: Neck acne - anyone dealt with this?

Oh, dear. I recently read up on this subject. While they are not dangerous as such, they can get infected and cause a world of hurt. I would go to a derm. ASAP if you think they are infected.

Super Contributor

On 11/15/2014 KarenQVC said:

Oh, dear. I recently read up on this subject. While they are not dangerous as such, they can get infected and cause a world of hurt. I would go to a derm. ASAP if you think they are infected.

No, I can't say they get infected. Their lifespan from initial bump to fading bump is usually no more than a week. They are not painful, either. Mostly, they are embarrassing and make me feel self-conscious. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Respected Contributor

CM--There are people around who should know a lot more. Why don't you try "health and fitness" thread? There are always a lot of nurses, etc., on there. I would title it "sebacious cyst?" and see what people respond.

Super Contributor

On 11/15/2014 KarenQVC said:

CM--There are people around who should know a lot more. Why don't you try "health and fitness" thread? There are always a lot of nurses, etc., on there. I would title it "sebacious cyst?" and see what people respond.

Thanks for your suggestions, Karen! I think your best one was to see my Dr, though. It could be something like PCOS, in which case nothing OTC would help, anyway.

Respected Contributor

CM--Excellent. Anything like that is medical, in my book. Your body is telling you something. Best of luck to you.