Honored Contributor

Name one beauty company's products that have improved with a buyout

Tick tock . . . tick tock . . . Crickets

Honored Contributor

Re: Name one beauty company's products that have improved with a buyout

Well Paula's choice has recently come out with some excellent products since the buyout- matte eyeshadow palette and the moisture boost oil. No changes to our tried and true products either so I am happy about that. Although prices have creeped up a little but they have with everything so I can't blame the buyout but just the nature of our economy. Eta: and a few of their new, upcoming products look real promising too. So far, I liked the direction they are taking the company and expanding into makeup a bit. Hopefully they won't lose their focus on skincare though since the products are excellent.
Honored Contributor

HappyDaze beat me to it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I can't think of any so I guess a buyout isn't good for the consumer
Respected Contributor

Well, HD AND Suzy beat me to it! PC is the ONLY one I can think of. I've used products from numerous other companies that have been bought out, and I always end up phasing out of them and never returning. 99% of the time, in my experience, it ends up being a bust.
Honored Contributor

I can't think of one.

Super Contributor

On 3/8/2015 HappyDaze said: Well Paula's choice has recently come out with some excellent products since the buyout- matte eyeshadow palette and the moisture boost oil. No changes to our tried and true products either so I am happy about that. Although prices have creeped up a little but they have with everything so I can't blame the buyout but just the nature of our economy. Eta: and a few of their new, upcoming products look real promising too. So far, I liked the direction they are taking the company and expanding into makeup a bit. Hopefully they won't lose their focus on skincare though since the products are excellent.

That's good to know, thank you.

Honored Contributor

On 3/8/2015 FUTURE said: Well, HD AND Suzy beat me to it! PC is the ONLY one I can think of. I've used products from numerous other companies that have been bought out, and I always end up phasing out of them and never returning. 99% of the time, in my experience, it ends up being a bust.

GMTA! Wink

Respected Contributor

Good question. I would have to say NO. I don't use PC, but happy to hear that you all are still happy with the products.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Trusted Contributor

On 3/8/2015 HappyDaze said: Well Paula's choice has recently come out with some excellent products since the buyout- matte eyeshadow palette and the moisture boost oil. No changes to our tried and true products either so I am happy about that. Although prices have creeped up a little but they have with everything so I can't blame the buyout but just the nature of our economy. Eta: and a few of their new, upcoming products look real promising too. So far, I liked the direction they are taking the company and expanding into makeup a bit. Hopefully they won't lose their focus on skincare though since the products are excellent.

Did Paula's Choice always put so much dimethicone and silicones in her products? At least half of her products have them in it and all of those are ones that are appropriate to my age and skin type. I cannot use silicones on my face so I'm not all that happy with Paula's Choice.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!