Honored Contributor

Airplane Travel and Retin A + Oils

Do you all put your Retain A, metro gel and argan oil in your checked luggage? I'm concerned that the heat will ruin these items. I am traveling for a 10 day business trip. For short trips I leave them home, but for this long and in dry conditions, I want to bring them.
===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Re: Airplane Travel and Retin A + Oils

I have never packed these in the suitcase and checked them. I always carry most of my makeup items with me on the plane... due to the inconvenience/expense of replacing them.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

Ask your doctor for samples of the retin A and the metrogel, they will fit in the quart bag in your carry on or purse.
Honored Contributor

On 2/26/2015 redtabby said: Ask your doctor for samples of the retin A and the metrogel, they will fit in the quart bag in your carry on or purse.
Thanks, that's a good idea. I will ask when I'm there in April. I leave Sunday so there's no time to get there before I leave (I'm currently on a trip returning tonight.)
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

On 2/26/2015 lovestoteach said:

I have never packed these in the suitcase and checked them. I always carry most of my makeup items with me on the plane... due to the inconvenience/expene of replacing them.

That's what I was thinking. I have to calculate the quantities to see if I can carry them all on. I might just buy a small argan oil at Whole Foods when I get there.
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I ended. Up squeezing a little into travel cups and putting them in my suitcase. My luggage was delayed on my return, so i would have been mad if Id lost both tubes os retin a and metrgel. That's about $500 in Rx.
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

For your future flights, you can carry the whole tube of retin-a on the plane with you. Prescription medications don't fall under the 3-1-1 rule and do not have to fit into or be put in your quart sized zip-lock bag.

From the TSA website:

Declare larger liquids. Medications, baby formula/food and breast milk are allowed in reasonable quantities exceeding three ounces, and they don’t have to be in the zip-top bag. Declare these items for inspection at the checkpoint. TSA officers may need to open them for additional screening.