Trusted Contributor

I thought I'd stop by and post quick pics of my current and previous polish choices.

Tonic Frozen Kingdom        Polished For Days Amsterdam   

Tonic Frozen Kingdom.png     Polished For Days Amsterdam.png 

Respected Contributor

Re: Nail polish threads.

[ Edited ]

@BlackMagic  I love the stamping! You did a great job. 

Hi, @juperier, thanks for asking about my nails. They're actually in pretty good shape. The ridges are less pronounced, nails are not splitting, cracking or peeling. I'm not sure why they've improved because I haven't been using any treatments. Maybr it's the Bag Balm I've been putting on them; it contains lanolin. I keep them short, and still not using polish because they get beat up due my my library job. Polish chips in  no time, and it makes me crazy. So better to not wear polish. ☹

Honored Contributor

Hi Ladies, I love reading everyone's responses.

My nail beds are small and narrow.  Even with our (former)  Whatever Lola Wants' expertise, I never got the hang of nail stamping.

My latest manicure and pedicure was with Zoya Hera, a "dusty, berry creme."  In RL. it is a darker color.

nail polish swatch of Zoya Hera from the fall 2017 Sophisticate collection

Esteemed Contributor

@juperier wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower Lol, glad you figured out what I meant. Thinking about it, "boring" isn't really the right word anyway. It's more me thinking how my tastes run so different from what the majority would choose to wear.

You know, there was a time when I thought I'd never wear black polish. Thought it was for people going through the goth-looking phase.

Now, I like it. And not just around Halloween.

Valued Contributor

@juperier  

I like our nail polish  forum very much <G>   This is a good place to share nail care and polish information.    

Shorter neat nails may be my new normal.   I like longer nails but they do not like  me.     

My nails used to wear like iron nails when I was younger, not now!  

OPI Natural Base is a good clear polish and I use *Hard As Hoof* cream on nails and up to first knuckle a few times a day.   I have a DL polish *Diamonds & Pearls* I like a lot.  

I learned here that nail hardeners may be making my nails brittle and have stopped using. 

Keep Calm and Polish On,

CAT  

Trusted Contributor

Undoubtedly the Bag Balm is working. It's amazing how much a good quality oil or moisturizer can help.

Honestly, if I was still working, I probably would have tired of wearing nail polish by now. Or I'd at least be wearing either clear polish or colors that blended with my skin so chips didn't show as much. Even tho I've improved my technique enough that I don't begin to see chips immediately, I still can't imagine getting a full week's wear.

I'm not sure if I care enough about polished nails to go the gel route. If I did, at least I've educated myself enough to minimize the risk of allergic reaction and/or nail damage.

Trusted Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower I'm just beginning to accept black (and white) polish. Some of that is because I always seem to make a mess when I do. And cleanup tends to be more difficult than with many other colors. And, yes, there's the "goth" thing. If just doesnt' go with my current clothing choices.

I just bought a collection of almost black polishes. I mean so close to black that you can't easily tell the difference between them in the bottle unless you have good light. Even then a couple of them are tough to tell apart.

The only one I've worn so far is the green one. I added a flakie topper with with green/blue shift. I was absolutely in love! I want to try the red one with "unicorn ___" topper. But I'm still staring at all the color shifting going on with Frozen Kingdom.

Trusted Contributor

@gacat123 I enjoy it here too. Don't give up. My nails are still in the relatively short category. But they're averaging longer than they have most of my life. The hard part is that an entire nail takes months to grow. By the time I'm noticing change, I may well have stopped doing whatever was helping. So a few months later problems start again. I'm getting more consistant, but I tend to "forget" once my nails are growing again.

Yep, it's important that whatever nail treatment one uses matches with the problems one is having. Like so many other things, "one size (in this case product) does not fit all."

Esteemed Contributor

@juperier wrote:

The only one I've worn so far is the green one. I added a flakie topper with with green/blue shift. I was absolutely in love! I want to try the red one with "unicorn ___" topper. But I'm still staring at all the color shifting going on with Frozen Kingdom.

What dark set did you buy?

When you say Frozen Kingdom, are you talking about the Disney set or another brand?

Trusted Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower The "almost black set" is the Gothic Family Jewels Collection from Pepper Pot Polish. Frozen Kingdom is from Tonic Nail Polish and was an exlusive for a Facebook group. My lousy photo of the bottle is above, but if you do a search for "Tonic Frozen Kingdom", there are lots of images online.