Trusted Contributor

lulu - I hope you thoroughly enjoyed your vacation. Marion is still in my "untrieds" but it's certainly beautiful.

Trusted Contributor

Snow - I know there's a long recuperation period involved, but I was really getting concerned. Get plenty of rest and follow your doctor's orders as you regain your strength. It's been really quiet around here, so catching up won't be nearly as time consuming as it would have been a few months ago.

DKMY is a really different yellow. It's been so long since I wore it that I can't remember much more than that. Yellow is a really tricky color for me to wear. So, of course, that's the first one out of a collection that I'll try. I've found a few that I couldn't believe how much I liked and I couple that looked just plain TERRIBLE.

I'm too lazy to bother with a white base most of the time. It's just easier to paint on a third (and maybe a fourth) coat of whatever I'm using, even if the results are a bit less neon.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, nom. It's going to take a few weeks tho. All you can do is wait till the unaffected nail grows out. The first time it happened, I didn't pay much attention and didn't connect it to the polish at all. By the second time I'd read about the problem and realized what was going on. I also noticed that I had a couple of nails that looked like there was a small "lifted" portion towards the middle of the nail, rather than at the tip. Well, what I thought I saw was correct and those lifted spots have now reached the tip of the nail.

Super Contributor

Knit-Chick, nom, and jup Heart I have missed you, and reading here, so very much.

It is taking a while longer to recuperate and get my strength back than I thought it would. I was still sore and aching for weeks after returning home. I have been doing light housework, just so I can move around some. My husband and son are taking care of everything, I feel so blessed to have them. I've never felt this tired from anything before. But  I seem to feel better each week and should be able to get back to my manicures and posting more often since I am having days where I actually feel like doing my mani.

Trusted Contributor

Today I have on OPI's Done Out In Deco,  a medium lavender with just a bit of dusty gray to it.  It's an old shade that I love.  I just picked up another bottle on Ebay.  It's the only place I can find it.

I saw Zoya's fall 2015 collection.  Some pretty nice colors in there.  Hard to believe that fall is really just around the corner, isn't it? 

Regular Contributor

Lots of beautiful  fall collections  this year.  Love the essie and zoya, and need all of the china glaze.  Sadly the opi has left me kinda "meh".

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nail polish threads.

[ Edited ]

Trusted Contributor

Snow - Recuperate at your own pace. The good thing is that it doesn't take a great deal of physical energy to do one's nails, so it won't need to build up to it like you do with more physically demanding things. Just be sure you have really good ventilation. 

Trusted Contributor

Jo-Ella (and knit) - I'm really liking the Fall mainstream collections also. I'm just not sure how many polishes will make the cut after I purchase some of the indies I'm drooling over.

I'm not a Halloween celebrator, but I do love the Halloween nail polishes. I've already purchased and received the collections from China Glaze. I think I may even liike it better than last year's.

Trusted Contributor

Oh, Daisy, I can so relate. I have so many still untried summer polishes. Just when I think I'm done purchasing  for the current season, I find a bunch more that I "need" to purchase.