Trusted Contributor

Cranberries - That is a very pretty color. And it might just lean cool enough that I could pull it off. I looks like it might work really well with Shell Shock as an accent.

Snow - For what it's worth, I see that Adrienne restocked the Virago Varnish neons yesterday. Definitely no white needed.

bella - Shell Shock is definitely darker than my skin tone. But it just sort of blends right in. I suspect that the pink glitter cools down the color a bit. I loved it in the bottle, but didn't expect to not like it on my nails. Instead I'd say it's one of new favorite colors. I totally get what you said about Macbeth. I go through that all the time trying to decide which color group a swatch stick goes with...looks pink with the reds, red with the pinks...extended to any two colors you can think of.

As much as I hated to remove Shell Shock, it was time to move on to China Glaze Voltage Pink, with a topper of KB Shimmer Dust in the Bottle.

Voltage Pink by itself....

CG_voltage_pink

Super Contributor

jup - I'm so glad Shell Shock was a pleasant surprise! Are her glitters difficult to remove? I know that's a dumb question, but to me, some glitters are more difficult to remove than others. Take Pixie Dust: one of the reasons I hesitated to try them was because I assumed they'd be hard to remove. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that they really weren't! Anyway, loving that bright/neon pink and I'll bet the added topper really makes it pretty!

Today I'm wearing Zoya Rocky (yeah, we knew I wouldn't go too long without wearing a blue {#emotions_dlg.laugh}).

Zoya Rocky June 2015

Trusted Contributor

bella - I'd say removal of Shell Shock was average for glitter polishes, probably a bit on the easier side. I always used the foil method with 100% acetone for these type polishes. After a few minutes soaking while I watched tv, everything wiped right off...no scraping stuck glitters loose, no layer of fine glitter on my skin. So, to me, relatively easy removal. I really like Pink Voltage with the scattered holo topper. I was originally going to use Nail Nation 3000 grey cancelling linear holo top coat in either hot pink or red but I was too lazy to go get them and test to see which worked best. Not sure if it will be Rocky, but you reminded me that it's time for a blue mani.

Super Contributor

jup - One day I'm going to order a bottle or two of KB Shimmer's crelly glitters (or whatever they're called). Every time I look at them I drool just a little bit - haha! I seem to especially love the white-based ones.

I have had Zoya's Apple for a while and have never worn it. I was looking online for combos because I didn't know if I wanted to do an entire Apple mani. I came across THIS blog which has beautiful pics of an Apple and Breezi combo; so, as much as I hated to cover up beautiful Breezi, I used Apple as a topper. For some reason, it's not quite as petty as the pictures from the blog, but OH WELL! {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Zoya Apple + Breezi

Trusted Contributor

Carefull bella! It's a slippery slope. I think I'll dig out the two pastel blue plain crelly polishes I have that are on the pastel side and see if I can find a glitter topper that catches my eye to use in a jelly sandwich with one of them. You know what..I think Apple and Breezi would make a beautiful gradient. Or I've seen people use wadded up plastic wrap or a pulled off bit of sponge to dab on random bits of polish on top of a base color. A nice layer of Seche Vite to finish it off and I bet you'd have a spectacular mani.

Respected Contributor

Hi, everyone. I'm still here, albeit in lurking mode.

Bella, I like your Breezi Apple. What a terrific idea.

The Miracle Growth serum is still helping my nails--I don't have a lot of growth, but it's sure helped the ridges. They still have a long way to go before I'm satisfied. But I'm starting to think about going back to color again, after months without. I'm not sure the serum will do much good over polish, but there's a base coat in the same line, so I'll give that a try when I start doing color again.

I so enjoy all your posts and photos. I'm glad this thread is still alive!

Super Contributor

This is Jokers Wild by Revlon, in the Colorstay Gel Envy line.

Super Contributor

bella, if you want to try a glass file I found these at Dollar Tree. They are much smoother than the tempered glass files made in the Czech Republic.

Occasional Contributor

Just wanted to say "thanks" for continuing to take the time to post all of your nail polish colors. I am getting such good info here and have made some purchases based on the pics provided. So if you all still have the time, please continue to post pics and info!!

Super Contributor

Safre - What a sweet post! Thank you for joining this thread and for your continued encouragement! We would all love to hear about your purchases, so please let us know what you've picked up, if you can. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Snow - Get out of town! I had no idea Dollar Tree had glass files from the Czech Republic! I will try to go today!! I love that creamy orange you're wearing!! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

nom - I'm glad this thread is still going, too! And I'm so glad to hear that you've seen some improvement with the Miracle Growth!! Woohoo!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

jup - Did you make an awesome jelly sandwich with your KB Shimmers?! You know, I once did a mani that I used plastic wrap to create that tie-dye look. I actually copied from Zoya's blog - haha! Of course, theirs was much better than mine. I know I used Song and Trixie, but I can't remember the red that I used. {#emotions_dlg.blushing} I'mma dig up a pic...

Wow...it's kinda messy, but it was my first-ever attempt so I just went with it. It was supposed to be a 4th of July look. Actually, I might have posted it last year, but I can't remember! Duh!

Here's today's mani: this is Wet n Wild Tropicalia which I've had for ages, but have never worn.

Wet n Wild Tropicalia