Super Contributor

abbey - Oh, enjoy your beautiful Cream Tea mani/pedi! Next time I won't be in such a hurry and maybe I'll have better luck! Thanks for posting about your manicurist having an issue with it, makes me feel better! haha {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

EDITED TO ADD:

Duh! My Zoyas came today! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Snow...Ali is a hot pink. I'm talkin' hot. pink. Like, out of my comfort zone, hot pink- lol. I dunno...I can give you a decent run-down once I've had a chance to swatch! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

lol, bella. I can't wait to see Ali! I love Cream Tea, that is so pretty {#emotions_dlg.wub} Your nails looks fabulous girl. A perfect manicure {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

I need to check my email to see if it is in stores, but on Sally's website the clearance is 50% off until tomorrow.

Super Contributor

That man who was threatening to kill all of us, and beat that dog in front of that lady and her two small children, died Thursday. We don't know yet if the woman is going to stay in the house or move.

Trusted Contributor

bella (and abbey) - First, bella, I agree with Snow that your mani's are perfect. And I'll have to take another look at Ali before I place my next order. Go ahead and push that boundary...put it on and wear it couple of days so you get past the initial reaction. The first review I pulled up for Cream Tea pretty much said it all to me...white and crelly... I've only used it once and that was so long ago that I don't remember anything about the formula. I doubt I even knew what a crelly was at the time. I wear any given polish so infrequently that I really don't think about the formula once I'm done with my mani. Anyway, now I'll have to give it another go.

Snow - Sad resolution, but at least it probably eliminates the feeling of potential danger you and your neighbors were experiencing. Even if the woman stays, there's a good chance that she won't present the same issues.

Super Contributor

All I can say is, I don't care how he left, I'm just glad he's gone. Dogs weren't his only victims. Some were children. So yeah, there's not a lot of folks around here who are crying about him.

Honored Contributor
Ulta polish is on sale for $2. I purchased two bottles to try and am presently wearing son of a gun. It went on beautifully and I could have gotten away with one coat! I've only had it on for the day but I will let you know how it wears but so far I am impressed considering the price
Super Contributor

I was totally expecting Son of a Gun to be a gunmetal or grey. Very pretty, love it.

My last purchase of ULTA polish was Fuchsiamania, but it looks more like a hot pink. It was for my toes, but I haven't worn it yet. I got it during a $2 sale, and I've bought a few ULTA polishes when it's on clearance.

ultaFuchsiamania2

Linked to owners of pics.

Super Contributor

Oh yeah, bella, I agree with jup. Maybe put it on and try it out. I really did not like matte polish when they first came out, but after wearing it absolutely love it.

Trusted Contributor

bella - It's definitely not you. It took me four coats of Cream Tea to get it looking decent, tho I still have a slightly visible nail line in just the right lighting. I'm not sure I would call it a crelly...I usually find that the whitish crellies get goopy easily. This didn't, just major patchiness when I ran the brush over the same area more than once or twice. I think it would probably work well for jelly sandwiches, particularly if one used a matching opaque cream for the first color coat and chunkier glitter.

Super Contributor

jup - Like you, I'm sure I didn't realize Cream Tea was a crelly when I bought it. For whatever reason, my photo didn't show how streaky my ring finger was. It was so patchy that I was considering adding another layer, but then I smudged my pointer finger, so that's why I took it off. I just wasn't happy, overall, how it looked. I would definitely consider putting an "undie" on first - just not sure what that will be - haha! Thanks for the blog link, I have to agree...I kinda have a love-hate relationship with that polish!

Adrea - You got a great deal on the Ulta polishes and they are FAB! Love them both, especially the orange-y one! Please keep us posted on the wear time!

Snow - That man who died must've been one miserable human being and I don't blame you for being glad that he's gone. I love that you posted the pics of Andrea's Ulta polishes - they're perfect, especially this time of year! I decided instead of just swatching Ali, I would go ahead and take yours and jup's advice, so I'm wearing it! Zoya describes it as: An ultra- bright warm medium neon pink creme. A fluorescent shade for maximum impact. When I first swiped it on my nail, I thought 'Ohmygosh...that's highlighter pink!' haha It's SUPER bright and honestly, I really like it! I have never been a huge fan of neons, but oddly, I ordered 2 in this most recent sale! I knew how vibrant Charisma was because I've seen her in person before, but I didn't realize Ali was so bright. The swatches I looked at online don't show how bright it is - and neither does my photo. I guess my little camera couldn't handle the awesomeness! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Here's a pic (but it looks NOTHING like this!!):

Zoya Ali