Honored Contributor

Been using for years the $$ product from Q. Now, this age, it appears to not quite be doing what I'd like it to.  If you're around 69-70 do you have a nail product you think is good for conditioning nails?  

You get old, you shrink, you dry up, it's not the golden years it's the drying up years.

Esteemed Contributor

I am almost in your age bracket. I am finding that any simple oil I have on hand does sufficient conditioning. That is, if I take the time to massage it in often.

Regular Contributor

I've recommended Mavala Nailactan creme a couple times to other posters' requests for a moisturizing nail conditioner.   I have one tube next to my "special" chair to rub in while watching tv; one in my desk at work; and one in the car.  It's tremendous help .... especially in the winters!  

And I also love TIPS (carried here at the "Q") and use the oil (in the nail polish bottle), the remover, and the oddly shaped nail smoother (the best thing for those little snags).

Consistency is the key; moisturize moisturize moisturize....whenever you think of it.   And, obviously, keep your hands out of water and chemicals--use gloves if you hand-wash anything. 

Respected Contributor

I use any oil, they all seem to give the same result.  Argan oil, olive oil, baby oil, bath oil, etc.

I bought TIPS age ago. Saw the main ingredient was soybean oil.

Honored Contributor

CND Solar Oil.

Frequent Contributor

I find what works best for my dry ridged nails is to rub a nail oil on and follow it with a hand cream. I started using Sally Hansen Complete 7-in-1 nail treatment about two months ago and I really see a difference in the dryness of my nails. I still have a few ridges but they aren't peeling anymore. This product is a base & top coat, growth & strengthener, ridge-filler, brightener and ultra-moisturizing. It's first ingredient is avocado oil. I got it at WM.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in your age range and I use T.I.P.S  for my cuticles and nails. It works great for me.  A little bit goes a long way and it lasts.  I've always had dry, sensitive skin but this really helps me.  (QVC website)