Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I have a question. My nails are strong and I keep them mid length. When one breaks I cut them and redo them to the same length.

The other night I was cutting onions when I hit my nail. The cut went down almost into the nail bed. After dinner I took my polish off, got the clippers,  and cut the others down. I put one coat of clear on.

I have a busy two days coming up. My nails haven't been this short in a really long time!  Can I wear a light color, like a neutral or pink, or should I just stay with my clear for now?  

@beach-mom   When nails are quite short, I think clear or very light neutrals are best. Darker/brighter shades can make the fingers look "stubby". Also the light shades or clear will be easier to touch up until they grow back to the length you prefer. 

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I have a question. My nails are strong and I keep them mid length. When one breaks I cut them and redo them to the same length.

The other night I was cutting onions when I hit my nail. The cut went down almost into the nail bed. After dinner I took my polish off, got the clippers,  and cut the others down. I put one coat of clear on.

I have a busy two days coming up. My nails haven't been this short in a really long time!  Can I wear a light color, like a neutral or pink, or should I just stay with my clear for now?  

@beach-mom   Sorry to hear about your accident.  I have a recommendation.  Years ago I had acrylic nails but quit having them done eventually.  The cost was not worth it and I never had time for appointments.  Since then, I keep them shorter.  I found a nail color that I really like.  It is the Sally Hanson polish in "Arm Candy".  It is very pale with a little more color than the clear.  It makes the nails look healthy and natural.  I get mine at CVS or Walmart.  You might like it....

Honored Contributor

IMO you could wear any light color.  I think a nice beige, or sand color would look good while growing back out.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)