Honored Contributor

NO MORE BOBBI BROWN

[ Edited ]

OK, so BB was my go to makeup/skincare for many decades. There were many foundation sticks, tinted moisturizers, correctors and concealers in porcelain or alabaster shades I couldn't match in any other lines. 

I had the serum foundation and a serum concealer, but found I was reaching for them less and less and every time I wanted to order or replace at Nordstrom, what I needed had been discontinued. Our Belk store carried it, but the counter space became quite small and they rarely had a range of shades in any product. It seems now they are phasing it out of the store.

Finally last night, I searched through my drawers and cabinets and put it all in a box...items that were still in their boxes, too as backups...some of them 2 yrs. old and never opened. That says a lot. The money had been spent and no use keeping items that I haven't used or gravitated to in years. 

So, the box is on my closet shelf labeled BB and I'll wait 6 months. If I still don't think about needing any of it, out it goes. The items still in boxes are too old to donate. 

I do still use the Smokey Eye Mascara....have always loved it and purchase it whenever on special or a good sale.

Esteemed Contributor

BB has a new line, Jones Road.  It's supposedly, clean beauty.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I recently bought the Jones Road WTFoundation. Found a good color match online

Harmonize the World with Barbershop Music
Honored Contributor

Unless the product smells bad, I don't discard.  Why don't you donate these unopened boxes and let them determine if if needs to be discarded @Shanus .  Such a waste to throw them away.

Project Beauty Share:

Thank you for choosing to donate your new and barely used products to Project Beauty Share®. Because of generous supporters like yourself, we help restore hope and dignity to the lives of thousands of women and their families.

You can drop off or mail your donations directly to our warehouse: Our address is 2718 E Sprague Ave, Spokane WA 99202. Warehouse hours are M-Th 9am-2pm.

Honored Contributor

Maybe your buying too much make up?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I've done the same thing with finding unopened products that are a few years old.  Was stashed away in a drawer--it is Skinn collagenesis facial serum and the same for the eye--in a clear container and pink in color --- it was from the days on Shop HQ when that brand was at a very good price--anyway was tightly selaed up so I am now using it on my legs at night. Feels good on and no funky smell either. Hate to toss stuff away stuff like that, unless they turned bad and my legs are begging for some attention.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest   Many items were for business, never used and brought home.

Honored Contributor

I dont discard old products either as long as the color, scent and texture seems to be fine. 

Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

I recently bought the Jones Road WTFoundation. Found a good color match online

I bought a consealer pencil and was also able to get a good color match online.  I really like the pencil. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus If you really are determined to not buy back the excess, pare down and keep it that way--get a big box and throw it all in the garbage!  Get rid of it, have the space and neat home and move forward.

The USA has enough clutter without yours, and nobody will go hungry or be the worse if you do that.  But do that only if you can keep from buying it back and hoarding it again.  If you won't stop doing that, just put it all back in the shelves, save the worry and go on with life.

I learned those lessons in my long life.  Either you are going to do it or you aren't.  Brutal suggestion?  Maybe but that's what it came to with me!  I don't miss it.