Honored Contributor

Wayne Goss has a new video up about Westman Atelier and the issue of opening compacts when you don't have "nails". Mine are always quite short w/ clear polish and many times compacts are murder on nails...chipping, breaking, etc.

My Makeup By Mario and RMS compacts, although I love both lines, are difficult to open w/o nails. I can't imagine if you had "salon nails" getting them opened w/o a catastrophe.

Anyone else have this issue?

Respected Contributor
I like you wear my nails short and clear. I have found some compacts difficult open also. Ugh!!
Honored Contributor

Re: NAILS AND COMPACTS!!!

[ Edited ]

I use the end of the handle of my tweezers like you would use a coin to wedge something open.

Venus by Regine Handmade Stainless Steel Slant Tip Tweezers

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee @Good idea!

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus and friends,  I also wear my nails short, mostly clear polish.  Except for very pale polish "for special."  I have always liked short nails.  Appreciate all the tips here.  Hope you are all healed!

Honored Contributor

Hi @Shanus 

No, I don't have an issue with this. I keep my nails short but with enough length to open things like that and,  they are " tough as nails". 

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT 

Wait, what is @Shanus healing from? 

Honored Contributor

Re: NAILS AND COMPACTS!!!

[ Edited ]

@monicakm   I had a laser done last week. I had my thread poofed.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Hope the healing process is going well. Sorry your thread went South and had to be poofed. Bless your heart 🫤

Esteemed Contributor

I have a compact by Perricone.  It is an "Instant Blur" powder.

I use very little powder, and I have another one in waiting I got some time back.  Here is a latch that you press, and the compact opens.  You girls might want to check this out.