Honored Contributor

My initial impressions of WEN's Summer honey peach CC

Yesterday I got it and both my husband and I really like the scent. VERY light peach scent with a hint of peach blossom. Not too floral, yet not too sweet. And I do not detect menthol at all, nor does my husband and he is more sensitive to the scent of it than I am. The scent is perfect, imho.

So this morning we both used it. I actually used it for my first cleanse (scalp only) which I haven't done with WEN in awhile but I wanted to give this new one a fair chance and am using it and it only.

The very first thing I noticed, even after not using menthol products in a long time so I should be able to detect it, is that I cannot feel the tingling of menthol on my scalp at all. For me, this is a very good thing!

The second thing I noticed is that it rinses out easily and my hair does not tangle up at all, it feels silky and smooth. My comb glided right through my hair after I applied the CC and those that know me know my hair has always been easily tangled and has been all my life. And it was not like the glycerin type slip that fig gives but a squeaky clean yet silky feel- very, very nice! I was really excited because honestly I have not felt this in any of the WEN CCs before, not like this. Not even with SMC although SMC is close.

My hair has not dried yet so we shall see how it looks and feels once dried. I didn't use any leave in products- this is always what I do when trying something new so I can see how well it does on its' own.

So far I am really, really excited with this new CC. With BGT and some others, during the first cleanse I could tell my hair was a bit dry and it tangled easily but this one impressed me, at least during this first time. My husband also really likes it and says he does not smell nor feel any menthol tingle either, which he too is happy about.

So far so very good! This may just outshine SMC in my book which says alot for me! Thank you Chaz!

Regular Contributor

Re: My initial impressions of WEN's Summer honey peach CC

That's awesome! Glad you like it. I don't know what peach blossom smells like, but I hope I just smell peach when I get mine.

Respected Contributor

Yay!! I'm so glad you like it. You might like spring orange blossom, too. I think they are very similar in texture and performance. I know SOB is almost gone, but just a thought if it is ever offered again. I like SOB and SHP the best out of all the seasonals for performance. That is saying a lot because I usually only get okay results from the seasonals. I am looking forward to the oil, sc, and oil in this scent. Happy Wenning!!!
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the review!

How can you tell your hair is dry during a cleanse?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

On 5/25/2014 Hilary77 said: Yay!! I'm so glad you like it. You might like spring orange blossom, too. I think they are very similar in texture and performance. I know SOB is almost gone, but just a thought if it is ever offered again. I like SOB and SHP the best out of all the seasonals for performance. That is saying a lot because I usually only get okay results from the seasonals. I am looking forward to the oil, sc, and oil in this scent. Happy Wenning!!!

Thanks Hilary! I am glad you are liking it too, and the SOB. I am really looking forward to the SHP ancillary products as well, which I usually don't get too excited about. I am even going to try the mousse, even though I haven't had any luck withe the pom mousse.

Honored Contributor

On 5/25/2014 sawst14 said:

That's awesome! Glad you like it. I don't know what peach blossom smells like, but I hope I just smell peach when I get mine.

I think you will, the peach is the more prominent scent imho. It isn't a strongly scented CC overall but the peach scent does come through. I am actually not a huge fan of peach-scented products (although I love peaches) but this is really good.

It would pair nicely with Josie Maran's vanilla apricot Body butter. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

On 5/25/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Thanks for the review!

If I am washing my hair and it starts tangling while washing, that is a very obvious sign it is drying. It also feels kind of straw-like, even when wet. Many shampoos feel this way on my hair and some of the WEN CCs feel this way as well.

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/25/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Thanks for the review!

If your hair is getting dry, you might need to do an ACV rinse. Especially girls with curls, it lays the cuticle down and brings an amazing amount of shine and bounce.

Only do it twice a month a small tablespoon of Braggs Organic ACV and about 6 ounces of cool water. Just rinse and then rinse it out or you can leave it. I always rinse it out then put in my leave in and SC

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/25/2014 HappyDaze said:

If I am washing my hair and it starts tangling while washing, that is a very obvious sign it is drying. It also feels kind of straw-like, even when wet. Many shampoos feel this way on my hair and some of the WEN CCs feel this way as well.

Thanks HD. I get the straw feeling when my hair is going into protein overload. With Wen I can use my fingers to detangle my curls, so luckily I haven't had a drying formula.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

The Summer Honey Peach is wonderful and what shine! I love it. I used it and used it as leave in and then 2 pumps of gloss, spritzed a few spritzes of volumizer mixed with one pump of styling creme and then 13 pumps of mousse. I apply it in the shower while hair is soaking wet as Chaz showed us. My hair is down to my waist and I don't color anymore. What shine and bounce! Oh, I use the 613 mousse. I have the others but the 613 is by far the best results. I rake and twist it in and my hair really absorbs it well. Water is the catalyst for the product to absorb well. I don't wring my hair out hard, just run my hand down the bunch of hair lightly so it's not running like a faucet but it IS soaking wet. Then I pre dry. I don't like to but my back is out so I usually start using the brush and dryer immediately but yes, I know that while hair is very wet it really doesn't style but pre drying I feel disturbs the cuticle and makes frizz. And that's it.