Respected Contributor

Ohhhhh I was instantly transported back to the nineties, when I used to wear Tova, with one whiff. It smells exactly the same. The set includes a large eau de parfum and a jar of body creme. It totally agrees with my body chemistry. I smell so good I can't stop sniffing myself. Lol

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

Re: My Tova set arrived today

@fairydogmother - YEA!  This is tempting me to buy it again.

Honored Contributor

Enjoy.

I bought Tova once.  It smelled good in the bottle, but stank to high heaven on me.  LOL it was pretty bad.  My whole family complained as well as my coworkers.

I finally ended up giving the bottle away to a single mother who loved the smell, but couldn't afford to buy it.

I am happy you enjoy wearing it and I am a bit  jealous.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Enjoy.

I bought Tova once.  It smelled good in the bottle, but stank to high heaven on me.  LOL it was pretty bad.  My whole family complained as well as my coworkers.

I finally ended up giving the bottle away to a single mother who loved the smell, but couldn't afford to buy it.

I am happy you enjoy wearing it and I am a bit  jealous.

I had the same experience, @Carmie .  As soon as I received Tova years ago, I had to try it out.  My husband said, "What is that smell? Please, don't use that again."  I found it to be extremely intense.  

In all honesty, I have a hard time with fragrance.  What smells nice in the bottle, often smells much different on me.  I tend to go with a perfumed body talc.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Great news! I think of Tova as a light scent. Most fragrances smell like bug spray to me, but not hers or Bob Mackie's.

Respected Contributor

I always received a ton of compliments from everyone - coworkers, family, friends and complete strangers.  And even more so when I layered Body Mind & Spirit over it.

Respected Contributor

Update: applied the body creme at 3:30 pm. Followed by a spray "walk through" of the parfum. Now it's 12:30 a.m.  Still smelling good. I call that staying power. 🥰

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

That's good to hear.  Hope it's a trend that continues since some of the Tova I purchased more recently hasn't had that staying power.  Still one of my facorites.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

I still remember buying my first bottle of Tova. Yeah, that long ago. As soon as it came I sprayed myself. Walking around the house I thought, 'hmmm, nice, but nothing special.' FF to next morning I opened my closet door and thought what is that great smell? Then it hit me. I had hung up the top I was wearing yesterday on a hook on the door. I mean, it was scrumptous. I was hooked till they changed the formula. 

Occasional Visitor

Tova has been a long time favorite of mine. Have received tons of compliments wearing it long after putting it on in the morning.  My favorite is mind body and. Spirit and of course Tova . Have since discovered JoMalone and Bond 9, both are long lasting and have some awesome secents but also so very very pricey.