Honored Contributor
Wow! What a cache! I have just one of everything opened. One (sunscreen) foundation, one mascara, blush, brow shadow, but two shadow pallettes. I use an eye cream for my morning and night face moisturizer (and it's a tiny pot!). My husband hung a swinging lighted mirror right over my sink. That way any fallout (powder) goes right in and rinsed down the drain.
Valued Contributor

Looks great to me!

We don't have a sink or mirror in our bathroom, sometimes you just have to work with what you have.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess you might benefit from what i got after using one in a hotel. Its a lighted magnifying mirror that is wall mounted and extends out and folds back in. (Sorry ive tried posting a photo and cant). Many, many online. I paid about $24 for mine. 

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess   pardon my butting in, just a suggestion. I'm sure all these lotions, potions and makeup are not in every day use. Can you weed out what you mostly use on a daily basis and store the rest under the sink or in a tray separated by skincare and makeup. 

What you have looks neat and organized, but I'd never find anything and I'd risk jars/bottles falling as I reached for things. 

BTW, thanks for posting the photo. Love looking how people keep their makeup.

Honored Contributor

Sometimes I made "house calls" when the issue of makeup/skincare storage was minimal. In several cases, We added a wall cabinet w/ doors (Lowe's, Depot) over the toilet...

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@Icegoddess you might benefit from what i got after using one in a hotel. Its a lighted magnifying mirror that is wall mounted and extends out and folds back in. (Sorry ive tried posting a photo and cant). Many, many online. I paid about $24 for mine. 

@LizzieInSRQ Thanks for the suggestion.  I've looked at those, but really don't think there's room at eye level to install one due to the glass shelving.  I used to have a larger suction cup one on the closet door mirror panel, but it kept falling off. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Icegoddess   pardon my butting in, just a suggestion. I'm sure all these lotions, potions and makeup are not in every day use. Can you weed out what you mostly use on a daily basis and store the rest under the sink or in a tray separated by skincare and makeup. 

What you have looks neat and organized, but I'd never find anything and I'd risk jars/bottles falling as I reached for things. 

BTW, thanks for posting the photo. Love looking how people keep their makeup.

@Shanus The area underneath the sink is pretty full of stuff too.  Most of my haircare is under there as well as the pedestal makeup mirror, my hairdryer with diffuser attached (takes up a lot of space), and my water flosser.  Most of my eyesahadow palettes are under there too.  I know where everything is which makes it quick to grab when I need it.  That would not be the case if it was under the sink and I would also have to move stuff around to get to it.  I do cover the organizer to the left of the sink with a towel, mostly to keep the dust off it, most of the time. 

Most of the skincare I use on a daily basis is on the glass shelf, except for my cleanser.  

The toilet is in a separate little room. The only place a cabinet could go in there would be behind the door when it is open.  While it might be a handy place to store some stuff, I don't think I would want my makeup in there.  

However, regardless of where I store my makeup, the reason for my post was to show how I really had nowhere to keep a nice lighted makeup mirror on my vanity, much less be able to sit to put my makeup on.  Even if I had something to sit on, there's nowhere or my legs to go, so I'd be sitting at an awkward angle.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Well, we make the best of what we have and it looks like you've done just that.  But, I've got to ask...why does he have the larger bathroom?  I know you said you have the larger closet but 9 times out of 10, women require both.  A larger closet and larger bathroom.  It just takes more "stuff" for a woman and women usually have more clothes.  My closet is 2x larger than my husband's, plus I have a separate sleepwear closet (I know, the sleepwear closet is probably not the norm).  DH's fault tho.  I didn't come up with the idea, he did.  You can tell him what I told my husband when I got my our new 75" football tv.  "We've spent 44 years listening to the den tv at sound levels that rival an iMax theater (the room as surround sound).  It's my turn.  We'll spend the next 44 years listening to it at a whisper.  Maybe your DH will trade bathrooms with you if you ask.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm We don't have separate bathrooms, just vanities.  The larger vanity is next to a small closet, and I couldn't reach to get stuff hung on the upper rack anyways. It would seem odd to not have my closet and vanity together.  It's probably just what was left when they designed the house.  We have a huge jacuzzi-type tub and a tiny shower.  I never use the tub, but DH does or else I might suggest a remodel and then we might both get larger closets.  However, I still don't see any changes for the vanity, but I'm not very creative that way.  

Frequent Contributor

I always wanted one of the swing out makeup mirrors but I have a small cabinet beside the big mirror so no place to mount it. I did get a lighted mirror that suction cups to the vanity mirror and have liked it. The suction cup is great, has never fallen off. And I can articulate the mirror to the angle I want. It wasn't expensive on Amazon and worth a try. 

As far as things on the counter, I have most of my daily stuff out too. No one goes in my bathroom so it doesn't have to be a showpiece. I just want things where I need them. I store backups in bins in my closet. Yours looks organized for your needs and that is all that counts!