Honored Contributor

The recent thread about looking for a makeup mirror along with many others about makeup organizers always remind me how little space I have for such things.  I have a small vanity.  My husband has the larger one, but he also has the smaller closet.  Just thought I'd show you what I'm working with.  I have a stand makeup mirror underneath, but nowhere to sit, so Ihave to put it on a big fat book and squat to use it.  Or, I can use that little one you can see stuck to the mirrored door panel to my closet, which is somewhat larger than DH's.  I don't dare put anything in that empty space on my vanity.  That's where the mirror goes when I pull it out, plus I'm sure I'd be knocking anything sitting there onto the tile floor breaking it.  

My Space.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Hey that's pretty organized! I like your cache of makeup. 👍🏻

Honored Contributor

Can you fit a cart in next to the vanity, @Icegoddess?

Honored Contributor

It may be a small area but it's very neat and tidy and well organized.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Can you fit a cart in next to the vanity, @Icegoddess?

@tansy no, there's a small wastebaskt and a bag with some hair products and body lotion there.  Just to the right of the light switch is the door opening.  There's not even enough room for a door, just the opening.  

Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

It may be a small area but it's very neat and tidy and well organized.

@JudyL Thanks, I did just clean the vanity itself, LOL.  I still need to clean those glass shelves.  Several of my eyeshadow palettes are underneath.  

Esteemed Contributor

Got to hand it to you, @Icegoddess ! I know you know where each and every item is!  Actually, your shelves are neat and very useful.

(I was thinking on the order of a rolling cart. Would that help at all?)

I've got the space alright, just some countertop clutter nonetheless w/ a 3-drawer organizer with my 10x mirror on top, resting on a book for the proper height w/ lipsticks on the book.

Do they design bathroom spaces for women, or no?

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

Got to hand it to you, @Icegoddess ! I know you know where each and every item is!  Actually, your shelves are neat and very useful.

(I was thinking on the order of a rolling cart. Would that help at all?)

I've got the space alright, just some countertop clutter nonetheless w/ a 3-drawer organizer with my 10x mirror on top, resting on a book for the proper height w/ lipsticks on the book.

Do they design bathroom spaces for women, or no?

@Harpa  I don't know where a rolling cart would go.  My closet is very narrow and I have a hard enough time getting to my shoes on one end.  I do have a rolling cart on the other end of the closet, but it's mostly got sweaters in it.  The top drawer has some of my stash as well as on top of it.  I never roll it out though, too much stuff on the floor in the way.  

As far as designing for women, I don't know.  I just know I'm happy for the cabinet underneath.  I know it became popular on the home remodeling shows that those pedestal sinks became popular, but all I could think was what at waste of possible storage space. DH does have some nice slide-out shelving he's added to his cabinets.  Mine is just plastic baskets.  

Respected Contributor

I have a little fold-up stool that I use to sit on.  It brings me to just the right height to put my stand-up (fold-down) magnified ( 12") makeup mirror on the vanity.  (When I'm done with makeup, I fold down the mirror and store it in one of the vanity drawers.)  But it doesn't look like you have enough room to store a fold-up stool in your bathroom.  Maybe you could fold down the stool and store it just around the corner in your bedroom?

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

I think you have made the best of the room you have to work with. Nicely done.