Super Contributor

Re: My Grey Hair is beautiful

@I am still oxox wrote:

My roots are coming in some of my hair has not been touched up for at least 8 or more weeks, the hair is salt and pepper, there is a small part of me that wants to do a pixie cut and forget about touch ups.

I am not going to do it but I did have the passing thought

I find pixie cuts so pretty.  Especially on older ladies it looks so great and it makes them look younger.

Super Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I have been trying to think of this new time in our lives as a way to step out of our boxes so to speak.  To try something new or different or just to realize things we thought were important are so very not.  Your hair sounds beautiful.

exactly!  I have cut my own hair.  My husband cut the lower back and it looks great.  At least it's cut the way I like it.  Goes to show how much money we waste.

Super Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I quit coloring my hair 20 years ago when I retired and have never looked back.  Everytime I read somebody's mention of getting their hair colored, I thank my lucky stars I don't have to go to that trouble and expense.  It's so freeing.

Better for your health also. Most hair colors are quite toxic.  May be I am paying for a life time of hair coloring with autoimmune diseases and tons of allergies now.  Didn't get smart unti later in life.

Honored Contributor

My bangs have ber going back to the color I was at 5!!!

Originally,  I was an ashe blonde.

Honored Contributor

I'm glad that I quit coloring my hair about 2 years ago! Since my hair is fairly long, I still have some coloring left in it, but as my hair was never very dark to begin with, it's not that drastic looking.  Oddly enough, I've even had women ask me where I went to get the type of coloring I have on my hair!  

I had been coloring it since I was about 16, so I wasn't really sure what the natural color would now look like!  Yes, there is some gray in it, but not tons and it actually looks like it has golden threads going through it, so it's looking much better than I would have imagined!  At times I think --- I'm just going to start coloring it again because I miss my totally blonde hair -- but then, I think --- nah -- just wait until its totally grown out and then make up your mind!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Maestra1 wrote:

I thought my hair ws coming in grey/white, but it is now a beautiful pale BLONDE!

Just around my face/hairline, it's a keeper.

Our state is now going into Phase 2 tomorrow. I have hair appt. beginning of June!

@Maestra1   While everyone was worrying about roots, I just let my hair grow longer, trimming any ends myself. I liked the idea of not having any more chemicals entering through my scalp. I've never understood women who want cruelty free, organic cosmetics, but put chemicals on their hair each month. 

@Shanus  I'm going to let the demi-permanent grow out; hair is almost back to my waist from cutting in Feb.,2020. It has a soft wave that is also natural and I'm told (for my age-65+) that my hair is till beaitiful.

My need for a pedicure is paramount; I feel like I have pteridactyl talons.

Esteemed Contributor

I have more grey hair than ever before and I think it comes from the stress of dealing with COVID19.  2019 and 2020 have been hard on me and my hair is showing it!

I don't color my hair and didn't need to but I sure hope my grey hair stops appearing or I might have to eventually. 

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox

I did exactly that last June and gave absolutely no regrets. I kept the pixie cut until my last appointment in late February. By mid-March salons were closed.

I’m loving how my hair is growing out. Grey/white streaks look fab in my wavy brown hair.
Honored Contributor

@Maestra1 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Maestra1 wrote:

I thought my hair ws coming in grey/white, but it is now a beautiful pale BLONDE!

Just around my face/hairline, it's a keeper.

Our state is now going into Phase 2 tomorrow. I have hair appt. beginning of June!

@Maestra1   While everyone was worrying about roots, I just let my hair grow longer, trimming any ends myself. I liked the idea of not having any more chemicals entering through my scalp. I've never understood women who want cruelty free, organic cosmetics, but put chemicals on their hair each month. 

@Shanus  I'm going to let the demi-permanent grow out; hair is almost back to my waist from cutting in Feb.,2020. It has a soft wave that is also natural and I'm told (for my age-65+) that my hair is till beaitiful.

My need for a pedicure is paramount; I feel like I have pteridactyl talons.

@Maestra1   So, no more color? Waist length hair, Wow!!! I've grown mine out half way down my neck which after having a pixie for many years feels like waist length to me. I'm always looking for a hair tie, bobbie pins, claw clip...something to get it off my neck now that it's humid and in the 80's. Definitely almost long enough for a messy bun (about another 3" to go). It's now a pony tail that looks like a long curly poodle's tail. Lol

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

I have more grey hair than ever before and I think it comes from the stress of dealing with COVID19.  2019 and 2020 have been hard on me and my hair is showing it!

I don't color my hair and didn't need to but I sure hope my grey hair stops appearing or I might have to eventually. 

@Snoopp   Yes, this situation has definitely been difficult in many ways. I've heard of hair thinning or shedding from stress, but not turning grey. Perhaps it's just growing faster or you're noticing your roots more.