Esteemed Contributor

Can anyone recommend a good "thickening" mousse???  I have used Samy's Fat Hair Zero Calories" and I found it the best for my hair.  It seems they don't make it anymore.  At least, I can't find it.

I have a lot of hair but it's very soft, fine and has no body.  

TIA

Honored Contributor

I have had good luck with “ Southern Belle” by Drybar.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

Living Proof’s “Full” mousse is very good.  It’s available here at the Q.  

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie  I have been using Aquage Thickening Gel spray for quite a few years now.  It definitely thickens your hair.  Does not build up.  I spray it on after I towel dry.  You will have to adjust how much you spray according to your hair.  Some beauty salons carry this brand or you can buy it online at EBay or Amazon.  Around $21 and last forever.  Sprays out like a mist.  I Have tried others but this is the best IMO.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

The Volumize Me by Peter Lamas.

Is there anything such as too much volume? Also, thickening.

Respected Contributor

@TuesdayTaylor wrote:

Living Proof’s “Full” mousse is very good.  It’s available here at the Q.  

@TuesdayTaylor   Another vote for LP mousse.  You just need a very small amount and it's wonderful.

Super Contributor

I like ‘got2b fat-tastic Instant Collagen Infusion Mousse’ which I buy from Amazon.  It works really well on my short hair.

Honored Contributor

I cannot tell you the amount of money I've spent on thickening products that do nothing for me.  

However, I have found a product at Sally Beauty Supply.  It's from their own Generic Value Products line and it's called Firm Volumizing Mousse and it's the generic for Kenra Volumizing Mousse.

This gives me hair volume/thickness but it's not stiff, sticky or crunchy in my hair and it has a decent smell.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mousse please....

[ Edited ]

Thank you soooooo much ladies.  You don't know how much I appreciate your feedback.

I will go to Sally's first, (as they are just a five minute drive from my house) and then go from there.

I will keep you advised of my progress.

Thx again.

Regular Contributor

I was introduced to GUTS by Kenra(?) several years ago, and have never looked back.  My haiar has NO BODY.