Trusted Contributor

Moisturizer with Insect Repellant Help

Years ago I used Avon Skin So Soft moisturizer with insect repellant. The last time I purchased it, I noticed they'd changed the scent, and I was disappointed. I'm headed to Cancun for 10 days next week, and I'd love it if anyone would be so kind to recommend an alternate moisturizer that I could apply in the evening after being in the sun all day that would also keep the bugs away, and doesn't smell terrible. Something that is readily available in a Walmart, Target or any drug store would be ideal, as I don't think I'll have time to order anything online that would arrive in time. Thank you!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Moisturizer with Insect Repellant Help

I know that there is no deet in this product, but I could not find the ingredient deck.  Do you happen to know it? TIA

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Respected Contributor

I use the Avon Skin So Soft Bath Oil and use it mixed with water in a mister (fill mister and add a couple tablespoons of the oil and shake well). Then rub it in. You get the moisturizing effect of the bath oil (and a nice subtle glow) and the "bug be gone" effect that Skin So Soft does so well. I think the oil has kept the original scent. It works great and smells great. WAY better than the lotion. I even use it on my horse and dogs!

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

Avon Skin so Soft is still available in the original woodlands scent. I know because I use it in my bath every day in that scent. However, I don't think it really works as an insect repellant, though I know some say it does. 

SSS does come in a few other scents as well, but the origina;l is still available. 

As for insect repellant I prefer to use Deep woods off.