Honored Contributor

Way back in the old days, when I used to be able to get a haircut, I would often buy various different shampoos from the salon. I now have at least 6 partially used shampoo bottles sitting in the shower.

Do you think I could just combine the shampoos into one bottle? Would it really matter if I combined them?

Respected Contributor

@drizzellla 

I am another who has numerous (expensive) shampoos.  I would not mix them.  Some I need only a dime size of product to get a lot of suds, while others I need quite a bit more.  Also, there is a huge difference in scents.  Mixed together it could be a huge PU.

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

I am another who has numerous (expensive) shampoos.  I would not mix them.  Some I need only a dime size of product to get a lot of suds, while others I need quite a bit more.  Also, there is a huge difference in scents.  Mixed together it could be a huge PU.

Thank you - I did not think about the scents. I am so glad you mentioned that.

It seems that I just reach for the shampoo bottle with the pump because it is fast and easy. The bottles from the hair salon, I have to flip the top, wait for the shampoo to slowly reach the top and squeeze out the shampoo. I waste a whole 5 seconds.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla  - I wouldn't mix them either.  When you're at the end of the bottle, add a little water to get it all out. 

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Way back in the old days, when I used to be able to get a haircut, I would often buy various different shampoos from the salon. I now have at least 6 partially used shampoo bottles sitting in the shower.

Do you think I could just combine the shampoos into one bottle? Would it really matter if I combined them?

@drizzellla   I'd test drive them by pouring some of one and some of one other in a small paper cup before mixing entire bottles together. Sometimes they sit on top of eachother just because of the ingredients. I also wouldn't mix a hydrating shampoo w/ a volumizing one. Try to keep types/functions together. 

Honored Contributor

I mix lots of things to save space, so I would say go ahead and mix them, it is just shampoo, it isnt hair color,  but that is just my personal opinion. 

Honored Contributor

I mix some Clairol Shimmer Lights (purple shampoo) into my volume shampoos.   Previously - I would mix my Sheer Blonde shampoo into my volume shampoo.  

I've mixed shampoos since forever .. never even thought about it.

Honored Contributor

I mix things all the time to use them up. I see no problem with it at all. Mix away!

Honored Contributor

The scents always seem to dissapate rapidly as soon as hair dries.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Mixing Shampoos

[ Edited ]

I've mixed shampoos, body washes, and liquid hand soaps without problems.

It's all detergent.