Honored Contributor

Beauty Purchases 4/16/20

[ Edited ]

Hi Beauties,  This thread will now start on Thursdays.  I hope you all had a great week.  

I purchased:

Beekman facial wipes variety of scents 6 packages

Mario Badescu Buttermilk moisturizer

Mario Badescu Chamomile facial toner

Mario Badescu Chamomile shampoo

Share your purchases.  Have a great weekend and stay safe.  Cat Very Happy

P.S.  Mario Badescu 25% off and free shipping with $35 purchase.  I ended up paying $30 total for 3 products.  Today may be the last day for this offer.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases 4/16/20

Korres 4 pack of the jumbo body washes. great deal yesterday on HSN with free shipping, $5 coupon and 10% back from Rakuten. 

Respected Contributor

No Beauty purchases Kat. Did make my own hand sanitizer with Aloe Gel that I had because they have sold out of it. I will be purchasing a few beauty products tomorrow w Sephora's VIB sale. Stay Safe to you & all the ladies on this forum.

Honored Contributor

@Kabella  What is your receipe for the hand sanitizer?  Stay healthy and safe.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I bought the set of 12 Philosophy 8-oz shower gels. I use them to refill my sink soap dispensers. I used to refill once a month, and now I'm refilling every two weeks.

I got an auto-delivery of my Elemis moisturizer, as well.

Aside from that, I've only been buying essentials because I'm still anticipating layoffs. I got laid off last year and was unemployed for 6 months, which depleted my emergency savings and I haven't been employed long enough to rebuild.

But on the plus side, I'm not using up my makeup or hair styling products, so I don't need any new ones! Thank goodness my company doesn't use Zoom for our meetings!

Respected Contributor

You will need a bottle, bowl & whisk or fork. The ingred's are 2/3 cup of 60% & up of Isopropl Alcohol...1/3 cup of Aloe Vera Gel...Just mix well (add more aloe if you prefer it thicker but not necessary) With funnel it fills an 8 to 10oz. Bottle. You can use any bottle with a pump or sqeeze type bottle that you have on hand. @Katcat1   You can add your favorite essentual oil also. I would think Since Aloe Vera Gel is out of stock, you can use 100% gylcerin since its an emollent.

Honored Contributor

Yesterday I bought a duo of M Asam Vinolift Remodeling Serum.  I'm getting low and Rakuten had a 10% off HSN.  I missed out on the RetailMeNot 20% off coupon a few days ago.

Got a notice that my Auto-Deliver of iT Tightline had shipped.  I'm going to cancel AD on that.

Esteemed Contributor

From Shoppers Drug Mart I bought a Pink Sugar eau de toilette gift set for about $20. SDM always has random drugstore fragrances in the front of the beauty section for $20 each.

I also bought an Indeed 10 balm and a Glysomed fragrance free hand cream. I am also trying the new L'Oreal Age Perfect mascara from London Drugs and so far I like it. It curls my lashes OK and it doesn't make my eyes itch. I'm guessing it's because it's not highly fragranced like most mascaras are.

I also bought a tube of the new L'Oreal Age Perfect Radiant Serum Foundation SPF 50 in the shade 15 Rose Ivory - it's a better match for me than the shade 10 Ivory which is too light for spring and summer.

Lastly I bought a big bottle of Dr Bronner's unscented castile liquid soap. I use this to clean makeup brushes and wash my reusable face masks to remove makeup off the inside of the masks. London Drugs has been sold out of this for at least a month but I found one bottle at Save On Foods grocery store in the organic food and cosmetic section of the store.

Everything bought from drugstores or grocery stores. Drugstore chains in Canada sell groceries too so it's easier to buy milk, juice, bread, crackers because there's usually no line to get into the stores and you can get in and out of the store quickly. 

Honored Contributor

@TY  Drug stores in the United States also carry groceries - milk, bread, etc. but the groceries are limited.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Kabella   Thank you.  I have the glycerin and that kind of alcohol so I need to give it a try.  I add a couple of drops of essential oil.  

kindness is strength