Respected Contributor

Re: Mineral Foundations Question

@SilleeMee do you use this foundation? I really appreciate your answer. That took some time to write and post pics. Thank you!  Off to look at the website now.

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch do you find that you don't need a primer or concealer with it? Is it really 4 in one?

@Ainhisg  I don't have any under eye darkness and the rest of my coloring is even so I never use a concealer.  I do use an inexpensive primer whether I'm using the foundation alone or as a setting powder over a BB cream or tinted moisturizer.  

Valued Contributor

@Ainhisg I recall that the Bare Mineral mineral veil and radiance blushes have a sheen. Two products i recommend are the original foundation and warmth.  i prefer the loose product, swirl - tap - buff and the angled face brush.  The Q has good prices at times.  you might want to peruse the Bare Minerals site.  Hope that helps.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ainhisg wrote:

@SilleeMee do you use this foundation? I really appreciate your answer. That took some time to write and post pics. Thank you!  Off to look at the website now.

@Ainhisg 

Yes I wear HBG foundation an sometimes I wear Pur Minerals.  Lately I haven't worn much of either but it's there when I need some foundation. 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee still considering the samples from Honeybee. I realize I won't know until I experience them firsthand, but I did want to verify that these are matte and not luminous or shimmery? Also, I looked at some past threads on primers and saw where you like the Elf putty primer poreless. Are you still using it and happy with it?

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@SilleeMee still considering the samples from Honeybee. I realize I won't know until I experience them firsthand, but I did want to verify that these are matte and not luminous or shimmery? Also, I looked at some past threads on primers and saw where you like the Elf putty primer poreless. Are you still using it and happy with it?

@Ainhisg 

Honeybee Gardens mineral powders are all matte.

I still use the e.l.f. Poreless Putty Primer and I like it very much. When I wear mineral foundation, that primer helps keep my face looking fresh for longer...no touch-ups needed.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you, @SilleeMee

I just ordered 6 samples and am excited to try them!  For the primer, do you just use your fingers? I see where Elf sells a putty brush. Any tips on the primer I should know? The last primer I used was a gazillion years ago and was a liquid.

Honored Contributor

You're welcome @Ainhisg 

Good luck finding what you need!Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

PUR 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup Foundation doesnt have shimmer

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

Thank you, @SilleeMee

I just ordered 6 samples and am excited to try them!  For the primer, do you just use your fingers? I see where Elf sells a putty brush. Any tips on the primer I should know? The last primer I used was a gazillion years ago and was a liquid.

@Ainhisg 

Apply the e.l.f. Poreless Primer with your fingers. A little goes a long way. If your skin feels tacky then you have applied too much. If that happens then try to gently wipe away the excess with a cloth. I haven't used that primer brush but if you decide to get it I would swipe the putty with light hand to avoid picking up too much product.